Kindle Forum banner

441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
I also want to mention that this month is a wonderful release month for several of our favorites mentioned throughout this thread. Besides the Lady Fan on the 13th, I am looking forward to:

April 6th - What the Devil Knows (St Cyr #16)

April 6th - A Wicket Conceit (Lady Darby #9)

April 29th - The Malhoa Connection (Genevieve Lenard #15)

WooHoo! Because I fortunately can, I will pay full price for each of these, don't really care what the price is at this point!!

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
I'm with you! The Genevieve Lenard books are particularly economical! :D

I'm not caught up on Lady Darby but happy to know they're still coming out. ;)

·
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I have enjoyed the Lady Fan books. I am looking forward to the same books. Currently on book 9 reading the St Cyr ones again. I need to read a book a day to be ready for Tuesday.
Unfortunately, my mom has started reading St Cyr and Lady Darby and my MIL the Connection books. I will have to read quickly when they come out so I can share.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I bought the first Lady Fan in February 2020. I don't know where I would have heard of them besides this thread, but I have gone back through posts around that time and am not finding any mentions.
I found out about them from one of your posts, Crebel, about 7 months ago? I looked back to page 20, I think ... I can't seem to find a date when something is posted; where am I missing that?

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
I found out about them from one of your posts, Crebel, about 7 months ago? I looked back to page 20, I think ... I can't seem to find a date when something is posted; where am I missing that?
You are correct! Post #371, I posted about the Lady Fan series (repeated myself about not knowing where I would have heard about them except in this thread, LOL) and then we had the discussion about "just deserts" instead of "desserts" throughout the series.

As near as I can tell, the new posting system says "xxx months ago" at the top of each post until posts are over 12 months old and then they show the actual date. I think it makes it more difficult to orient and find back posts and wish they all showed the date.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I found another book on sale recommended here -- I haven't read it yet but it's available for $1.99 Murder in Thrall by Anne Cleeland

Murder In Thrall (A New Scotland Yard Mystery Book 1) - Kindle edition by Cleeland, Anne. Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

They may also be found on OverDrive...
Curious what any of you thought. The first reviews are pretty brutal - enough that I hesitated on the "buy" button.
I trust you more than unknown Amazon reviewers.

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Curious what any of you thought. The first reviews are pretty brutal - enough that I hesitated on the "buy" button.
I trust you more than unknown Amazon reviewers.
Somewhere in one of the mystery threads, Atunah and I discussed this series (maybe the female mystery writers thread). As I recall, she liked them, but was noting they are modern day and not historical mysteries. I think I gave it a pass as there is no already bought message on the page.

eta: Yes, post #46 in the female mystery writers thread: Favorite Female Mystery/Thriller/Suspense Writers At the time I said I thought I had the 1st two somewhere in Mount TBR, I'll have to check again ...

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
I bought it 3 0r 4 years ago .... haven't gotten to it yet .... I'm so behind ........ But does that stop me from buying and borrowing NEW books? Noooooooo.😬

Reactions: Linjeakel

·
Registered
9,259 Posts

They are here!!!!

·
5,898 Posts

They are here!!!!
I'm currently reading St Cyr #9 so no spoilers please! I'm not sure whether to be jealous that you are so up to date or happy that I still have another 7 books to read. :)

I have yet to start the Lady Darby series though I do have the first one on my Kindle. So many books, so little time .....

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts

They are here!!!!
I'm not caught up on Lady Darby, but St Cyr#16 is on hold at my library. They're saying about 4 weeks wait .... 'sokay -- plenty to read in the mean time. :)

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
I'm currently reading St Cyr #9 so no spoilers please! I'm not sure whether to be jealous that you are so up to date or happy that I still have another 7 books to read. :)

I have yet to start the Lady Darby series though I do have the first one on my Kindle. So many books, so little time .....
No spoilers from me :censored:! Definitely be happy you still have 7 books to look forward to.

Both of these moved straight to the top of Mount TBR after I finished a cozy mystery yesterday. After a short amount of time waffling about which to read first, I started the Lady Darby last night so I still have the St Cyr to savor next and stay excited about the Genevieve Lenard at the end of the month.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Frantically trying to finish my re-read of the St Cyr books before jumping into #16. I just started 14.
My mom is reading the Lady Darby.

If you are collecting Lady Emily, book 13, Uneasy Lies the Crown, is $1.99 today. I am on my phone - not even attempting a link...

·
Super Moderator
67,284 Posts
Here you go on the Lady Emily link: Uneasy Lies the Crown

Still at $1.99 today. :) I don't even begin to be caught up on this series! :eek:

441 - 458 of 458 Posts