Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thirteenth novel, Still Coming, a psychological thriller about college admissions at elite universities, just went live on Amazon and B&N. Normally, I'm not the least bit superstitious, but this story is designed to play with your mind. So I'm looking at it a little differently.

Does any writer out there take any "precautions" about writing or publishing their work? Maybe skipping thirteen in their title count, going from twelve straight to fourteen, the way some buildings skip the thirteenth floor.

http://www.josephflynn.com

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm with Kathleen, I feel odd when people talk about my books, post good reviews, that kind of thing.  It's strange, I know, but mostly because I can't believe still that I have stuff published AND people pay for it AND enjoy it.

Other fears?  Spiders and not having a guitar pick when I think of a new song. ;)

-jb 8)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kathleen: I think it's wise to keep a balance between pride of authorship and modesty. Makes it unlikely you'll earn any bad karma that way.

Jim: After paying the bills, knowing that you've made people happy is the great thing about writing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts