Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rather interested in the Japanese market since some my books have a noticeable Yaoi-influence. They might do reasonably well there.

My first problem is that I don't read kanji. The second is that I have no idea how to register on Amazon Japan and claim my author's page. The third is how to make one of my books perma-free there.

Anyone had any success in these areas?

·
Registered
728 Posts
1) For kanji, I can only help if you have a specific screenshot. But for the most part you could open a page in  English in another window and match everything up. It's pretty straightforward. Also, Amazon Japan has a "make this page English" option hiding around somewhere toward the top.

2) You can sign up for Amazan Japan's author central, but unless you're in Japan you can't claim your books.  Yeah. Yeaaaaaah. If you email them you simply get an email back saying "Sorry no English." And if you email them in Japanese, they tell you it's for Japanese authors only. Woo!

3) If you have your books up on Kobo and iTunes, both have Japanese versions of the page written in Japanese yen. Price matching to iTunes is your best bet. BUT, here's the kicker. I have an Amazon Japan  account from when I lived there (and ordered many times from there) but it checks your IP address. If you're not in Japan, you can't do anything but browse. I can't even report my own book.

Ain't it fun~

·
Registered
728 Posts
Things may have changed in the past month since I looked, but I doubt it. Things in Japan take about, oh, YEARS to get through red tape, haha. I have a an author central account in japan, but I can't do anything with it.

Your best bet is to locate your iTunes Japan page and have people in Japan report it. Good luck, I'm still trying to make it happen, granting the, uh, subject matter of my own books.  :p

(If you do find the link, post it here and I'll see if I can get my Japanese friends to report it for  you.)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Andrew Ashling said:
Thanks for the offer.

The Amazon-link is no problem. Just replace .com with .co.jp. Not so for iTunes. This is going to take some time… *sigh*
I wonder if amazon Japan would react more favorably to a Kobo link (if it's easier to find). Kobo is one of the largest ebook sellers in Japan alongside iTunes and Sony.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts