Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in over five years I've decided to ask Amazon to make a book permafree. Actually, I asked them to make it free, but I'm sure they get the idea. Today I sent the same request to Author.Amazon because I've had zero response in over 24 hours from KDP. Maybe that's because it's the weekend, but usually they acknowledge a question or request.

Have you recently asked for the same? Did you get knocked back? Or did it all happen quickly and smoothly? I'm about to publish book 2 in the series and really want book one to be available free fairly soonish.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Give them 48 hours for a response. Maybe even 72. They can be slow sometimes.

I've never had them *not* make a book free. What I do struggle with, however, is books reverting back to NOT free on the .ca site, the .com.au site, etc.... very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes, I should wait 72 hours. I was thinking too of that last KDP page requirement to enter a price the next time I upload an update.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Make sure that wherever you're getting it primce-matched to - be that B&N, Kobo or wherever - the title/subtitle/cover, everything are exactly the same, same formatting, same everything.

One small difference in any of those is enough to trigger the bots to stop price-matching it. I had this issue and it was a nightmare.

Pricematch>un-pricematch>pricematch>un-pricematch.

It wasn't until a sharp KDP rep noticed that the cover and the formatting of the title were slightly different on D2D that it got sorted. Once I corrected those, it's stayed permafree since.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gareth. Yes, everything is exactly the same across all sales platforms.

I did get a message today from Author Central telling me to try KDP help. I had already sent them a request a day earlier. I tried KDP again. Crickets chirping and no price change.

Patience is not my virtue.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Are you using the Contact Us - Pricing - Price Matching link?

They updated the template recently, but it prefills with everything you need to submit.

I've found it's taking longer than usual these days.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simon Haynes said:
Are you using the Contact Us - Pricing - Price Matching link?

They updated the template recently, but it prefills with everything you need to submit.

I've found it's taking longer than usual these days.
I'm not sure if I used that. Where do I find that link?

This morning they emailed they have changed set the price across all regions, and I see it changed to $0.00.

All good for now. But, when I go to the pricing page the price box is set on 0.99 option (where I last set it). I am about to change the series titles so it is no longer book 1, 2, etc to volume 1, 2 etc (of Book 5). That will probably trigger the 0.99 cents price again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts