Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Amazon black leather cover for the K2 today and noticed on its info page it is supposed to keep the K2 securely inside by way of hinges.  Does anyone have an idea how this might work?  The picture is very small and I'm not mechanically minded at all  ::)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not sure about that, but did you notice that it doesn't close with a clasp or zipper?  That means it will flap open when it is in a purse... I think I'm going with the m-edge because it has the nice clasp on the outside.  I'm really wish Amazon would show more pictures of the inside if their cover.  Does it have a pocket?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think it has "anchors" that clip into the two holes on the side of the Kindle.

I agree that I wish they would show pictures of the inside.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I ordered it then say the M-Edge covers and cancelled. I chose the M-Edge because of the strap. I want Ladybug to be secure in her case and I guess the strap is my lil security blanket.  :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dangerosa said:
Here is a close-up of the clip sliding into the Kindle 2:

Thanks for the close-up, Dangerosa. I wonder if the hinges are on either side, as they don't seem to be on top/bottom. I agree with Luvmy4brats that I'll need something and I can always ship it back. I'm not convinced just yet how any other third-party covers will work with the K2, so at least it gives me some time to think. Yes.....I definitely think Amazon should post more photos of the cover, inside, how it works, etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just ordered the cover and a Kindle 2...  I can't believe I did that.  I got my Kindle two months ago but....  I guess I am just one of THOSE people...  I am one of the odd ducks that liked the original cover that came with the Kindle 1.  I actually got 2 m-edge covers and never really cared for them as much as the original + Mighty Bright Book Light...

My Kindle 1 is in the Barter/For Sale section waiting to make someone else happy...... ;D

Oh well.... ::)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Libro, it looks like there are two holes on the left side of the Kindle, and none on the right side. My guess is that the left side of the Kindle clicks into the spine of the cover via those two clips and the other edges remain free, sort of like when you put paper into a binder. Again, totally guessing here based on the pictures I've seen. I'm eager to see how it will work. It certainly sounds more secure than the old cover.

Chris said:
I just ordered the cover and a Kindle 2... I can't believe I did that.
Ha ha! This was me today. Totally know how you feel, Chris.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks everybody for the support...  Should find out tonight or tomorrow morning if it sold...  Then I will be Kindleless till the 25th.  :eek:

Chris

·
Registered
261 Posts
LDB said:
I am looking at the Patagonia and Belkin options over the Amazon leather or any of the insanely priced Cole Haan.
Those are the ones I'm looking at, too. I like the looks of the Belkin, but the Patagonia has the anchors inside. Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I ordered the Amazon one, I thought it looked nice.
Of course once Oberon design covers for the K2, I'm sure I'll be sorely tempted by them.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
The plan was to order an Amazon one until Oberon came out with theirs. However, I just found the M-Edge ones for the kindle2 on Amazon. Free shipping on k2 and 10% off if you buy 2 or more.

And they introduced both Fushia and Purple pebbled leather cases.

I am weak. I need pink. I'm so ashamed.

Chocochibi, I love your avatar. How did you get a picture of my cat? She's a bi-polar, sadistic, sociopathic, multiple personality disorder nut case!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts