Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I'm new to the boards and just got my Kindle 2 this past week.  I LOVE it.  However, last night I dropped my Kindle (!!) while standing in the elevator of my building (hard floor, not carpet) but it was in its Amazon cover.  It *seems* to be working just fine but I'm worried I did damage to it I have yet to notice.  Hopefully not though.  Anyone else dropped theirs and it has been okay?  ???  ARgh!!!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I don't have a K2, but I imagine if you did any serious damage you would know it pretty quick.  Just make sure the corners are right and I think you will be ok.

Good luck  :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Probably as long as the screen didn't crack, you're in good shape.  Glad you were using protection. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
i have dropped my k2 3 times with no cover on it. one even knocked the back off a little. I just popped it back together. I have had no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You may already know this, but in case not - you can get insurance for your Kindle that will cover 1 drop, it's about $65.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Mine went skidding from a desktop to a concrete floor--neither the K2 nor the Oberon cover sustained any damage.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My bro dropped my K1 on tile the day I got it and it chipped a corn and left a crack in the plastic starting where the missing piece was. My K1 has also fallen out of its original cover case at the college. A nice fit case really REALLY helps especially with transportation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanks for the replies, guys!  Ok I feel lots better now.  So far it seems fine.  Glad I had the Amazon cover on it.  Though I have to admit, after seeing all the great pics in the accessory discussions, I broke down and ordered an Oberon Tree of Life cover--can't wait to get it!  ;D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Lilaq said:
Wow, thanks for the replies, guys! Ok I feel lots better now. So far it seems fine. Glad I had the Amazon cover on it. Though I have to admit, after seeing all the great pics in the accessory discussions, I broke down and ordered an Oberon Tree of Life cover--can't wait to get it! ;D
You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've dropped mine twice, and I've had no adverse effects so far. I am going to be more careful in future though. :)

A

·
0 Posts
jazzi said:
Probably as long as the screen didn't crack, you're in good shape. Glad you were using protection. :)
Always practice safe Kindling! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts