Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really looking forward to the little froggie and water lily and am disappointed to see them gone.  Now, I am having a hard time picking a cover I like.  If only they has a wild roses one like the purse, deep sigh!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I thought it was lovely and ordered it last night. Green is a favorite color and I love dragonfly's. I thought the design was beautiful. I know some were disappointed about the frog though.  :) I'm not a frog person.

I think Three Graces is beautiful and I also love hummingbirds...just walk away from Oberon Linda, just walk away.  ;) Heck if I had my way I would probably order one of each.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
There is a solution to the folder problem. I can have a Kindle for Science Fiction, a Kindle for Fantasy, a Kindle for Non-Fiction, a Kindle for Literature, and a Kindle for Adult books. Then I would need four more Oberon covers for each of my Kindles. Oh and a Kindle for Travel with things a bit more mixed up and a sixth Oberon cover.

hmmmm

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was disappointed with the new Pond. Though I'm not a frog person either, I really liked the cattails and the water lily on the original. I also liked the dragonfly closure on the original. The new one looks kind of "busy" while the original looked peaceful and serene. Not sure if I'll order it now or not.

·
Registered
860 Posts
ProfCrash said:
There is a solution to the folder problem. I can have a Kindle for Science Fiction, a Kindle for Fantasy, a Kindle for Non-Fiction, a Kindle for Literature, and a Kindle for Adult books. Then I would need four more Oberon covers for each of my Kindles. Oh and a Kindle for Travel with things a bit more mixed up and a sixth Oberon cover.

hmmmm
I like the way you think.

But then you'd be carring several Kindles which is equal to carrying several books - a problem the Kindle was supposed to solve.

Maybe we need to rethink this one. ???

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
ProfCrash said:

hmmmm
Then you'll need a new bag for them all. And skins..

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
(journal)
(kindle cover)

I had to go and look at the designs and compare them side by side to see what y'all were talking about. I'm not a big fan of green/fern, so I wouldn't get either one (although the journal comes in saddle, that might tempt me). I think they're both nice designs, but the frog or no frog, I'd have to pick the journal version as my choice, for whatever that's worth. Out of curiosity, I looked at all three sizes of journal, and they all have the frog design. I thought maybe it was a size issue but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's the Pond checkbook cover:

which appears to be a cropped part of the original design.

Oberon has been great responding to customer feedback, so if you really would want the original design in a Kindle cover, I would contact them through their website!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Betsy,

That was a great idea! I sent them an email asking about the change in the design. I referenced my order number, so hopefully they will go back to the journal version. I still love the cover, but I would love it if they went back to the orginal design.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I'm a firm believer in talking to the company.  Like my old boss used to say, "I can't fix a problem if no one tells me about it!"

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I agree. I was just so excited that it was available, I jumped in ordered it immediately. I barely glanced at the design. It was after I purchased it when I noticed the design change. I know I'll love it no matter what. I have the m-edge, but I don't like that you can't get to the back buttons without taking it out of the cover. My daughter is excited because I'm giving her the m-edge cover.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
KindleMom said:
To me it's not just missing the frog but the backgroud detail is too loud, the frame is too wide and closure button not nearly as nice. Yeah, the journal cover is much better. Too bad. :(
I do think it loses some of it's grace in translation. However the square button is a special low relief button created for the Kindle, so it is standard on all Kindle covers.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Kathy said:
I agree. I was just so excited that it was available, I jumped in ordered it immediately. I barely glanced at the design. It was after I purchased it when I noticed the design change. I know I'll love it no matter what. I have the m-edge, but I don't like that you can't get to the back buttons without taking it out of the cover. My daughter is excited because I'm giving her the m-edge cover.
Same here, I think it is a little busy but I love the dragon flies and the way the water looks as if a pebble has been thrown in it. If we don't like it I'm sure we can swap it for another one. There are 3 or 4 more I want anyway. ;D It's a win win situation.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I recieved an email back from Oberon about the change in design for the Dragonfly Pond. This is what they said.

On Fri Jan 30 9:29 , 'Oberon Design' <[email protected]> sent:
I'm sorry but the old design presented some problems for us relative to new leather we are now getting. We improved the design for embossing quality purposes that match the challenges of the new leather. The old design will be discontinued on journals as well. Thanks for contacting us!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Well, that settles that.  At least we got it right from the company.  Thanks, Kathy for contacting them and getting back to us.

Betsy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.