Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
10,112 Posts
ClariiY said:
I think I'm getting fat. And I always crave those fattening things. Cookies, cakes, milk... >.>
Ohhhhh yes. This pattern has been oft observed among us. In fact, there's an author weight-loss thread hanging somewhere around the first few pages of the Cafe. :)

G

·
Yes, a general craving for sugar and caffiene. Unfortunately it's my characters who are doing the active things to burn it off, not me.

·
Administrator
10,112 Posts
I think I bribed myself into writing my first book with junk food rewards. No doubt that's why Book 2 has taken soooo much longer -- 'cause I'm all healthy, now. <ahem> Yeah, I'm sure that's the explanation ... ::)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VH Folland said:
Yes, a general craving for sugar and caffiene. Unfortunately it's my characters who are doing the active things to burn it off, not me.
That made me LOL So sad but so true. *tears*

@BeccaMills I don't even bribe. I just eat. :-\

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
RoseInTheTardis said:
Any kind of cheez-it is my enemy. I had to stop buying them because I was eating the whole box way too fast.
Yes, it's cheesy, salty things for me too. Right now am dipping wheat thins into a tub of creamy pub cheese....kind of has a cheez it flavor. ;D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Pretzels.

I really, really, really try not to dive head first into the chocolate, cookies, cake and other goodies. I have a daily ration of one tin of Pepsi. Then I have to switch to tea.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ClariiY said:
I think I'm getting fat. And I always crave those fattening things. Cookies, cakes, milk... >.>
Some people go the other way. When I get busy - nearing deadlines - I forget to eat. My wife is always asking me: "Have you eaten anything today? Did you have some lunch?"

Others in our office either drink non-stop coffee or eat non-stop snack food. I do drink a lot of coffee - never forget to do that.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I only drink pepsi, eating is too distracting while I write. In fact, a lot of the time I'll totally forget about meals till the early hours of the morning. :(

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I really envy people who forget to eat when they are busy. This has never happened to me. I'm always thinking ahead, planning what I'm going to eat next. Sad but true. :)

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
It's the lack of exercise that's doing me in.
When I'm "in the zone" I move only my fingers for hours at a time.

I save calories by drinking club soda with lemon and eat fruit to get my sugar fix.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I drink coffee (laden with cream and sugar) and diet Coke (yes, I know this is a contradiction :) ). It does seem like I prefer to have *something* beside my laptop.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Coffee, lots of coffee (yes, with cream).  :D

I don't tend to eat much at the laptop except occasionally meals. Not snacking though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have to be crunching on something to keep my brain active.  Must be crunchy.  For the first two screenplays, it was M&Ms.  Managed to switch to wasabi peas, baby carrots and rice crackers and that's a bit better (plus crunchier).  Granola in my yogurt is also helpful.  The big weight-manager for me is keeping a 48-oz. bottle of water on my desk and drinking constantly.  That solves the problem of remembering to get up and walk around every half hour (since I...ahem...have to walk down the hall every half hour now).  That tiny bit of motion is a really big boost to the metabolism, which can fight a lot of fat conversion, even in the face of a Kit Kat bar.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Claudia King said:
I only drink pepsi, eating is too distracting while I write. In fact, a lot of the time I'll totally forget about meals till the early hours of the morning. :(
Same here. Coke and coffee. I always lose weight when i write.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts