Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finishing up the third book now (The Time Quake, by Linda Buckley-Archer) and it's entertaining.  I'm a huge fan of time travel stories, and the books seem to have gotten better as the series went on.

It's written for a young audience, like the Harry Potter books, but doesn't speak down to the reader.

Seems to me it would make a great movie series.  Anyone heard of any plans in that area?

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geoffrey said:
I usually enjoy a good time travel story .... but I'm just not sure whether I can get into books from that age group.
There's obviously no sex or swearing, but there is some violence, and a few of the characters are killed off. There's also technical discussions about dark matter, gravity, and expanding parallel universes.

And there's a slightly different take on time travel, with the participants affected by being able to temporarily fade back to their original time, and to fast forward while the rest of the world is standing still. These two effects are used in interesting ways to advance the plot.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Just downloaded the sample to check it out!  I laughed a little that BookList has the first in the series listed as "Gideon the Catpurse".  The actual title makes SO much more sense!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts