Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading during my break, put the Kindle Touch down to start back working and as soon as it went to sleep, an update started.  The Kindle Update letter doesn't seem to have anything new in it--but I may just be missing it.

Anyone else?  Do you know what's in it?

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
From http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200790650:

Kindle Touch Software Update 5.3.2.1 includes the following new features:

• A new user interface
  • Whispersync for Voice
  • Enhanced Parental Controls
  • Book Covers
  • Time-to-Read
  • Recommended Content
  • Enhanced book samples
  • Navigate graphic novels, and comics

Are you seeing those changes? I don't have a Kindle Touch, so I can't check for myself.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird--I already had all of the stuff below except the two that I don't use.  Maybe I manually downloaded and update then forgot  :-[

A new user interface
Whispersync for Voice
Enhanced Parental Controls <---Not sure
Book Covers
Time-to-Read
Recommended Content
Enhanced book samples
Navigate graphic novels, and comics<---Not Sure

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
I just learned on another forum that the change information posted on Amazon's 5.3.2.1 update page (linked above) is actually for the earlier 5.3.2 update. I guess they goofed when they created the new update page. Sorry to have caused any confusion. :-[

·
5,947 Posts
I opened the cover on my Paperwhite this morning to find it just finishing a reboot.

I checked the version number and it's on 5.3.3 - but I can't remember what it was on before! So it could be it's updated - I wish they'd put a date on the website when they put up the latest software release.  :-\

·
Registered
733 Posts
Update notice was posted on Mobileread on 3/7, and I went to Amazon to download it then. Have left mine on all weekend, and it has not updated yet. Not sure what the update does, as no one has noticed anything different, and are stating any hacks are still there after update.

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
For reference. . . .the most current versions are 5.3.3 for the PW and 5.3.2.1 for the Touch.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lursa (aka 9MMare) said:
My PW says Kindle version 5.3.6. I did a restart but still no update.
My PW is the same! Most are downloading and doing the PW manually.
This post was for the Kindle TOUCH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts