Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I actually don't think I've ever seen anyone post anything on - every once in awhile when I turn it on sleep mode it stays on the screen saver for about 5 seconds, then pops back to the text.  I try again, it does it again.  It usually works on the third try.  It's not every time, just every once in awhile.  I tried a reboot and it still does it.  I'm not too concerned as it's just an annoyance, I was just curious if anyone else ran into the same issue. 
At first I thought I was hitting it twice, but was really careful and made sure I didn't.  It still did it. 

·
Registered
509 Posts
This might have happened to me....there have been times that I was sure the Kindle was in sleep mode, but found it displaying the last page of text. Hasn't happened often and I always thought that it was my doing.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jen,

Have you changed the screensavers? Also, so you use the auto-page turn feature?

L

·
Registered
364 Posts
Once or twice something like that happend to me, but I then I realized that I had pushed the Alt and AA keys more then once

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never uploaded any screen savers, if that's what you mean.  I really like the ones that come with it.  And I've never used auto-turn (actually didn't even know it existed until this forum....).  I know it's weird, and very appropriate that it just happens to me!  I've had bad luck with electronics over the years, my mom calls it 'bad electronic karma'.  Like I said though, it's mostly an annoyance.  
Jah-I thought that too at first.  Then when I go to do it again, I'm really careful not to do that just to make sure it isn't me.  It still happens. 

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I think that's right. If you hold down the two keys it goes to sleep. Do it again and it wakes up. If you hold them down toolong it flips between the two states.

Ann
Shadow said:
It seems to happen when you hold the 2 keys down too long. You have to release them fairly quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts