Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im struggling to get into this book. I found the same on the 2nd book, which I only got into about half way through. Book 3 was amazing though! But as the title says, anyone else feel the same?

G

·
Tails said:
Im struggling to get into this book. I found the same on the 2nd book, which I only got into about half way through. Book 3 was amazing though! But as the title says, anyone else feel the same?
I just finished this one, and I can see the problems people have. There are a lot of new narrational characters, some of whom you really wonder why you're reading about. I'll admit I read at a brisk pace on some of them, but I'm really glad I made it because the ending was really amazing. A complete gamechanger. My advice is to do what you have to do to get through the book, even if it means only reading parts from say, Arya, Jaime, Cersei, Brienne, and Sansa.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah, I expect AFFC to be a bit of a challenge, but hopefully with ADWD out we can find things of interest. Alas we wont be able to spoil too much of ADWD, I might have to have a seperate thread for spoilers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just started and am roughly 250 pages through now. I cant seem to put it down. it almost feels like everything is going to come crashing down.

but then again maybe there is no point to what is happening and its just wasted time. but we have an uneasy peace throughout westeros while behind the scenes something is about to happen... the only fighting is in the north still but its not very organized save for what stannis is about to do... (am i going down the wrong track?)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hopefully on the reread my impression will be better, but I think my main issue with AFFC is that it starred none of my favorite characters. I can only get so excited about Cersei and Jaime :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
When are we going to be starting this??  I'm just trying to plan my readings and don't want to get stuck starting something big just as AFFC rolls around!  :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm hoping to start in a few weeks. Unfortunately some real life issues are starting to suck up all my free time so I'm trying to judge if I can do it at all, postpone the klub till spring, or relinquish the reigns to someone else. If I knock out my next written assignment this weekend and the next phase of my online course doesn't look too bad then I'll carry on. But I think I'll have a lot of written assignments to do which is the number one killer of my reading time, plus I have a baby on the way.

Anyhoo, give me a week or two and I'll have a plan!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
jason10mm said:
I'm hoping to start in a few weeks. Unfortunately some real life issues are starting to suck up all my free time so I'm trying to judge if I can do it at all, postpone the klub till spring, or relinquish the reigns to someone else. If I knock out my next written assignment this weekend and the next phase of my online course doesn't look too bad then I'll carry on. But I think I'll have a lot of written assignments to do which is the number one killer of my reading time, plus I have a baby on the way.

Anyhoo, give me a week or two and I'll have a plan!
No worries! We all know it is very time-consuming and appreciate all of your work! (And congrats on the baby!!!) Whatever works best for you is ok with me, for one. If we move it to Spring that's ok too. We won't be catching up with the TV show any time soon anyway!

·
Registered
802 Posts
All right, let's get this party started! I'm waiting to move on to phase II of my course so while we wait, let's discuss! I'll post the reading list tomorrow and maybe we can start the last week of September? No worries if anyone needs more time to start, this is gonna take 6+ weeks so there is plenty of time to get caught up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.