Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I purchased an app with coins and today I got the free Halloween app. I purchased both from my computer, not the Fire. However, when I go to my Fire HDX and HD, neither one shows either app. They show up in my "digital orders" and "manage my kindle" but they do not show up in the library of the kindles. If I go to the page to purchase again it shows that I already own them and if I try to purchase again it won't let me and tells me to find them in my library. I'd love to but they aren't there! I've synced both Fires multiple times and I've restarted them also. I sent a note to Amazon last night but so far no response. Anyone have any other tricks to try?? Since it is affecting both of my Fires I am really baffled. After restarting my HD it no longer showed the SO, which is strange. My HDX did show the SO as it should.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Go to the cloud and do a sync.  Sometimes that's needed to be sure everything is updated.  Be sure you're connected wirelessly, of course. 

Since you say you did a restart and the one is no longer showing SO's, it really sounds to me like it hasn't talked to Amazon since then. 

If it's showing a wireless connection but doesn't seem to actually BE connecting, turn off wireless and turn it back on.  I have two networks in my house so the easiest thing for me is toggle between them. If that doesn't work, I turn it off and then back on a minute or so later.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
KindleGirl said:
Yesterday I purchased an app with coins and today I got the free Halloween app. I purchased both from my computer, not the Fire. However, when I go to my Fire HDX and HD, neither one shows either app. They show up in my "digital orders" and "manage my kindle" but they do not show up in the library of the kindles. If I go to the page to purchase again it shows that I already own them and if I try to purchase again it won't let me and tells me to find them in my library. I'd love to but they aren't there! I've synced both Fires multiple times and I've restarted them also. I sent a note to Amazon last night but so far no response. Anyone have any other tricks to try?? Since it is affecting both of my Fires I am really baffled.
I frequently had a delay when purchasing apps from the PC before they would appear on my Fire HD. I got so I would routinely purchase the app from the PC, then go to the device and do a sync. Then switch to the home page of the device and wait a few minutes--maybe five. Then go to the app page. Usually the app would appear then. If it didn't I would repeat. Usually the first round did it, occasionally it would take a second round which probably was because of a slow download or something. Sometimes I would see the a placeholder version of the app icon as it finished downloading.

After restarting my HD it no longer showed the SO, which is strange. My HDX did show the SO as it should.
I had SOs disappear from my HDX even though I was online and registered. I could talk to the MayDay people but they weren't able to help me. I spoke to three different MayDay reps. I had to go to Kindle CS to get it resolved--they had to turn off SOs and return them on before they came back. (Have them do this so it won't cost you anything).

Amazon US customers inside the US: 1-866-321-8851, outside the US: 1-206-266-0927. Other customers, see here.

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
KindleGirl said:
Yep, SOs have appeared again but still no new apps. I already tried all of these things earlier so I guess I'll try Mayday later today and see if they can help me out. Never had this happen before.
Are the downloads showing in your notifications?

Betsy

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I am having trouble with Words with Friends on my 7"HDX. It worked fine until I downloaded an update. Now it shows in the Cloud with a red exclamation mark. It will not download to my device. I have deleted it from the Cloud and tried to download again from the store.....many times. When it is almost installed, I get a message that it cannot be installed. Is this a glitch with the newest version of WWF?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
OK, answers to two questions here...

Jane--

I'm sure I had WWF on my old Fire, but when I search the App store, the only version of WWF shown didn't show that I already owned it. So I "purchased" it again. Here it is:

You might check to see if Amazon pulled the old app and replaced it.

And for the question of not receiving an app I'd purchased on the PC--I "bought" WWF on my iPad, but it didn't show up in my Cloud, even using the sync technique I described earlier. But when I navigated to the app in the App Store on my HDX, the link went to "Download" on the product page and I was able to download it without problem.

And it seems to be working fine on my device. Though, interestingly, it hasn't yet showed up in MYK.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
When I "repurchased" WWF from my laptop for my HDX, it said I already owned it and would not "charge" me for it. The next time I am near my Fire I will sync and see if it gets straightened out. Everything worked fine until today.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
You got the same message when you used the link below? Hmm....

Betsy
Betsy, I purchased the new WWF for my HDX. I know I had it on my original Fire. And until today I had bee using it successfully on my HDX. Yesterday I updated many apps. They all updated fine except for WWF. That is when I started having trouble. It shows in the Cloud, but it will not install to the device. I removed WWF from the Cloud and tried re-purchasing both from my Fire and from my laptop. Same thing happens. I see it in the cloud, download, then get an error message when it is almost installed on the device. Since everything else is working for me, I think it has to be a glitch in WWF. I will try again in a couple of days, then use Mayday if it does not get resolved. Thank you for your troubleshooting.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I guess my question is, since it's working fine for me, but I only downloaded it a little bit ago, is, have you tried clicking on the link I provided, and if so, does it indicate you've already purchased it?  I'm wondering if they've got a new app since you experienced your problems.

I do see there is an update today--version 6.2.3.  What version are you using?

Betsy

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Betsy the Quilter said:
Are the downloads showing in your notifications?

Betsy
No, they do not show up there.

Betsy the Quilter said:
And for the question of not receiving an app I'd purchased on the PC--I "bought" WWF on my iPad, but it didn't show up in my Cloud, even using the sync technique I described earlier. But when I navigated to the app in the App Store on my HDX, the link went to "Download" on the product page and I was able to download it without problem.

And it seems to be working fine on my device. Though, interestingly, it hasn't yet showed up in MYK.

Betsy
I tried this too. When I go to purchase them again on my Fire they tell me I can't because I already own them and to check my "library", only they aren't in my library either. They only show up under my orders and on my MYK page, but I can't re-send them from those spots as far as I can find.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since I've only had the HDX for a week and I didn't have much on it yet,  I figured the easiest way to fix the problem would be to reset to factory settings, so I did. Now those 2 apps show up in my Cloud library with the rest of the apps. I don't know what happened but some kind of glitch apparently. It's fixed now, so hopefully that's the end.  ::)

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I guess my question is, since it's working fine for me, but I only downloaded it a little bit ago, is, have you tried clicking on the link I provided, and if so, does it indicate you've already purchased it? I'm wondering if they've got a new app since you experienced your problems.

I do see there is an update today--version 6.2.3. What version are you using?

Betsy
Betsy, I did you the link to WWW in your post. It did not say I had already purchased it. Even stranger, I just went to the Amazon store from my Fire and did a search for WWW. It wasn't even in the store. I will try again from the Silk browser.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Jane917 said:
Now when I try to link from the link in your prior message it takes me to a dead page!
It does indeed....Obviously there's a problem with it....hmmm...

Betsy

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
A search for Words With Friends in the app store does not come up with the game.. cheat, help, hanging with friends, etc.  But not the game!

I'm not about to remove it from my DX to see if I can get it from the cloud.. 

I'm guessing there is some problem with the HDX that hopefully they are fixing, but it isn't available for anyone to buy or "buy" right now. 

You CAN buy the classic actual game and have it shipped to you.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I discovered that, too.

There's an update dated yesterday that's available on my Fire HDX but given Jane's problems, I'm not going to update it.  My current version is working fine on my HDX.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My WWF is working fine. . . . but I've no idea what version it is.  It is definitely different to what's on my android phone.  It was recently updated, I think, just before I got my HDX.  Haven't checked since.  If someone can tell me how to figure out the version I'll happily share for information. 

Oh. Wait. . . I found it. . . version 6.2.3.  And in a different place it shows a copyright date of 2012.  Which doesn't seem right. :(

My phone one -- which came through Google Play, I think, has lots more options in the menu.  But just now I'm having trouble getting to 'settings' to see the version number there. Or anywhere else for that matter.  It lets me play a game but that's about it.  Hmmm.  O.K. . . .finally got it to go. . . it's 6.5.3 and shows a copyright date of 2013.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts