Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I published a short story at 10pm EST last night and it still isn't available to buy yet (although the page does come up if you do a search for "Prisoner 392") - I'm wondering if anyone else has been trying to publish in the last 24 hours and is having problems?

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had issues when I first published my novella on Saturday.  My page showed it as having beens successfully published but when I'd click the link, I'd get an error message.  Reloaded it and it never indicated a successful publication, even though the Amazon page existed.  It took two days for that to clear up on its own.  But there are two publications now of my novella.  One I can modify and one that I can't.  I tried removing one but it wouldn't let me.  Seems there are a lot of kinks out there that need to be worked out.  Patience is about all I can advise.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Erik.  I just posted something on the DTP forum board, so we'll see if that helps (I'm an optimist, lol)...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've gotten to the point now that whenever I make a change I immediately fire off an email to [email protected] telling them that it's hung on the publishing stage.  It never takes 1 to 2 hours.

Also, last weekend, Amazon doubled my price for 2 days...  Maybe they were mad at me for sending those emails, who knows.

If you're still having problems, send an email to that address and let them know.  It's a bit of a black hole, but they'll get to you.

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, John, that did the trick!  I emailed them and not only did they get my first short story live but they also got the one I'd only published a few minutes ago live as well.  Thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts