Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have no problems uploading or updating on Kobo, but lately that's changed.  Whenever I try to upload an epub to update a book, I get an error "Sorry, we couldn't upload your file".  That's it, nothing useful about why, just a one line message.  I've checked out their less than helpful help section and found nothing and I've likewise written them (still awaiting a response), but I figured I'd ask here and see if it's just me.  Frustrating because while I don't sell a lot there, I like to make sure that everywhere I sell has the same version.  I don't want someone on another book store getting typos or old formatting that have already long been fixed on Amazon.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Yes, I recieved a notice about their shutdown, but don't remember the exact dates.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yep, they are shut down from Dec. 21 to Jan. 2. There's a bright pink bar at the top of the kobo dashboard that tells you. Hopefully they'll have it up and running on time!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh, guess I should pay attention more. :)

A little weird for an online store to shut down, and I'm not sure that's the cause of the error (started having the issue earlier than that), but I shall be patient and wait for them to return.

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I'm wondering if you are still having the problem? Because I've been trying to upload a few different books and I get the problem every time. I've even ran the file through EPUB check just to make sure I didn't have any glaring issues and I'm good.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems to have cleared up for me. Passed ePub validation and actually uploaded just yesterday.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've had issues off and on...I download the epub file that Pubit generates and upload it to Kobo, that goes through without any issues.

Now I have a new problem, my cover won't upload. Sigh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts