Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to self-publish my 31st eBook with Amazon and it has been 4 days now...I did hit PUBLISH and it goes to IN REVIEW but then soon after it goes to CONTINUE SETUP and stays there day after day...it says I should hit SAVE AND PUBLISH, but it doesn't give me that option, only PUBLISH YOUR EBOOK. I don't know what they want. I am sure I did everything correctly. I did change the format, as they are asking now, to use a docx. but that doesn't seem to help, as it still goes to CONTINUE SET-UP and stays there. I have sent KDP support many emails since the 3rd of May, but no answer yet. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?

Registered
They have changed something at the KDP site. Previously, the listing would have remained displaying the 'in review' status, but now the behaviour is as you describe. However, although it is a little misleading, it essentially means the same thing i.e. something about your listing has triggered a manual review. You have to now wait for the email that will inevitably follow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have changed something at the KDP site. Previously, the listing would have remained displaying the 'in review' status, but now the behaviour is as you describe. However, although it is a little misleading, it essentially means the same thing i.e. something about your listing has triggered a manual review. You have to now wait for the email that will inevitably follow.
Thank you Kathy...now, at least, I know I just have to wait for that email.

Registered
My first thought would be, maybe you might need to clear cache/cookies/history in your browser, 'cuz that sounds like an issue that might come up because of that. Websites acting all funky and whatnot.

I defer to Kathy on this, though, as it's outside my own first-hand experience.

Registered
I had KDP support call me last night when I had the same problem, the tech was able to fix the status and push the book to "In Review" status, confirming everything was working as intended afterward. Does anyone know how long it's taking KDP to review and publish books currently? It's already been way longer than before, so I'm kind of feeling like I'm going to have to wait for the full 72-hours before I see release.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still cannot get my eBook to get out of CONTINUE SETUP...and it's been 7 days. I have sent 4 emails to KDP Support, but still no replies. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE KDP TELEPHONE NUMBER so I can call for help? I have published my new eBook in docx as they asked, and everything else like I have always done (the last 30 eBooks) so I can't figure out why it still won't publish. I can't believe KDP Support won't answer my emails. I am getting very discouraged.

Registered
You get them to call you if you go under Help > Contact Us > Select a topic. It'll ask for your telephone number, and then usually someone will call you back in 10-15 minutes.

Registered
I posted a new e-book and print version this weekend. It took only about 24 hours to review for publish, and was online in another 24 hours. The format was incorrect, and sent AMZ a note. AMZ replied in 24 hours, but without a good answer. Sent another note last night, still waiting but not 24 hours yet.

However, the format is still not correct, and I can't seem to fix it. Tried uploading new files, but still shows same incorrect format. Not sure how to fix it - tried.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well...now it's been TWELVE DAYS since they first froze my new eBook Haunted Tales...I have sent 6 emails to them, tried to updating/republishing the eBook and had them call me TWICE...two men from Amazon/KDP talked to me, one was foreign and I could hardly understand him and he walked me through the republishing and at the end I 'think' he said there was a problem or I THOUGHT IT WAS NOW FIXED...and someone would call me in 24 hours to tell me what to do. The first man was just with Amazon and said there was no direct phone number now he could call to help me at KDP. (Really?) Anyway, nothing has changed, the eBook is still in CONTINUE SETUP and no one has called me back or answered any of my previous emails. I am so perplexed I am not sure what to do now. I have NEVER had this problem with any of my earlier 30 eBooks with them and just feel like screaming. If this would happen (try to republish to change the price and the eBook would stall like this) to one of my eBooks when I would try to change the price (for a BookBub promotion, for instance) I would be in real trouble. I will keep trying, but I sure don't know what I'm doing wrong any more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
UPDATE May 14, 2021:
I started calling KDP where you leave your tele number and THEY call you back (I finally found that route) and I had to talk to 3 different people to finally deduce (like some weird mystery) WHAT I was doing wrong...as they kept telling me they couldn't tell me what was wrong on the phone but that I would get an email...I never got even 1 email and was ready to give up when I left my telephone number one last time...and got a foreign woman who was hard to understand...and I begged her to at least give me a hint as to what I was doing wrong...and, bless her heart, she finally said: "If I were you, I'd look at your keywords." Keywords? ?????? I never would have thought of that if she wouldn't have told me. On Amazon there are Forbidden Keywords, really? So, because that was all she would/could say, I looked at KDP Keywords Guidelines and, using that, deleted all my keywords and just put back in a few...AND THEN THE EBOOK FINALLY GOT PUBLISHED! 12 days after I had self-published it. So...yeah!

Registered
Wow.

Someone had a review blocked recently because they use the word dominant. (I pointed out a few other words like sexy or...) but think that caused the review block. Review went through fine after. It's a NA Romance, categorized as such.

Registered
I still cannot get my eBook to get out of CONTINUE SETUP...and it's been 7 days. I have sent 4 emails to KDP Support, but still no replies. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE KDP TELEPHONE NUMBER so I can call for help? I have published my new eBook in docx as they asked, and everything else like I have always done (the last 30 eBooks) so I can't figure out why it still won't publish. I can't believe KDP Support won't answer my emails. I am getting very discouraged.
I haven't had this issue so far and I'm a first time novelist on Amazon. There could be something in the settings of your book that's throwing it off. I would contact support about it.

Registered
I just had my paperback submission tell me to "fix the highlighted errors," but for the life of me couldn't find anything highlighted. Waiting a day and opening a new tab didn't help. Finally called support, got an understandable Indian accent, but he said KDP is having an issue they're working on--I wasn't the only one. He suggested some possibilities (I had put my imprint name for the ISBN and had only put the main publisher name in Bowker), I tried them, and that fixed it. Sometimes the Zon just gets glitchy.

Registered
Jen Peters, I'm having this same problem. But I checked Bowker and for the publisher, I have
I just had my paperback submission tell me to "fix the highlighted errors," but for the life of me couldn't find anything highlighted. Waiting a day and opening a new tab didn't help. Finally called support, got an understandable Indian accent, but he said KDP is having an issue they're working on--I wasn't the only one. He suggested some possibilities (I had put my imprint name for the ISBN and had only put the main publisher name in Bowker), I tried them, and that fixed it. Sometimes the Zon just gets glitchy.
Fire Ink Media. When I check it in KDP under Imprint name I have Fire Ink Media. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it keeps saying "fix the highlighted errors," nothing is highlighted! Maybe I'll give them another call. I just called them about something else, oh well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts