·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am. Need me some word count.  Anyone else crazy/pathetic/boring like me?  :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes! Told my family that I have to work ... but not on what :)  Will finish the final draft/edit this weekend. WILL!

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
This is how I hope to spend my weekend but we'll see how it goes. If I get a lot of new cover orders in, I'll do those and the writing will get put off.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
This was my plan, but now I'm feeling guilty about not going to the family cottage. This is when we put out the dock/clean/put the boat in, etc. I feel like a jerk if I don't help. We shall see if guilt or my writing desire win out:)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I wasn't aware that Memorial Day was even this time of the year.  :D

We never do anything for it, so it comes and passes without attracting my notice. I'll probably just put in my normal amount of writing since I'll have to work it.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Yes..crazy/pathetic/boring...I'm all those things and more...LOL  I was rummaging around last night and found an old short story that I had written years ago.  I'd forgotten all about it.  I still think it has potential as a sci-fi type drama so I'm going to play with it this weekend.  Holidays! Bah! Who needs them?  ;D

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Holidays just mean a little time and a half pay for me. My place of employment is open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not this time, but I know the feeling all too well. I just finished one big project and am waiting for the co-author to finish the last few chapters of the next project on my to-do list (second draft is mine). So for once I don't have any heavy writing planned for the holiday weekend.

But omigosh, every 3-day weekend or random "stay-cation" that I don't have other commitments is so precious to me. Of course I write nearly every day for a few hours, but being able to indulge in a gluttony of 8 or 12 or 16 hours of writing for a couple days in a row is so nice - relaxing, invigorating, and (almost always) super productive. I hear the burnout doesn't *really* kick in until 12-hour day #9. *smirk*

So by all means, do it when you have the chance. I hope you get lots of writing done!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Mel Comley said:
Every day is the same for me, sixteen hours a day perched in front of my computer either writing or marketing.

;)
And it shows. You are getting such well deserved success and are becoming quite an inspiration to us. :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
"Anyone else crazy/pathetic/boring like me?

NEVER!!
This is the job. Writing. You do it when you have the time and if "the time" happens to be a big Holiday weekend then that's when you do it!

I personally am not fond of holidays. EVERYONE is out there. So crowded and hurried and crushing.
But in my home writing space, it's just me and my characters.

And I write......

·
Registered
733 Posts
That's my intention. I have maybe 10-15k words I want to get done between now and the end of Monday - we work Saturday which is a bummer but I'm still hoping Sunday and Monday both can be like my last few weekends (the last two Sundays I've written 4-6k each). :D That would be the last push on this novel then I can set it aside and start outlining my YA desert adventure. ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts