Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have a K3, but I also have the Kindle for PC app on my laptop. Because of the infrequency that I use it, I never realized what they added to the app.

So did anyone know that you can copy and paste from the K4PC app? When you paste it, it is properly cited with the location numbers and everything.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I didn't know that!  That could really come in handy.

I heard about a study at Princeton where the surveyed a bunch of students who'd used the Kindle for a semester. Some of them complained that it was hard to highlight passages. But they really liked the way you could then cut-and-paste those passages directly into your term papers!

And now Amazon's found a way to make that easier...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I can't find a way to do that? I have version 1.5.0, which seems to be the most recent. What exactly are you doing? I selected a section of text and the options that pop up are Highlight, Add Note, Search and "More" which then gives me options for the dictionary, Google, Report Content Error and Wikipedia. No "copy" option. I also tried selecting the text and just pressing Ctrl+C but when I pasted it into something else, it didn't work. I also tried looking for a way to copy text I highlighted - nothing.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Your notes are stored in Documents Folder on the Kindle in a file called My Clippings.txt

You can make a copy of clippings.txt and put it on your computer.  Then you can cut and paste the notes wherever you want.

That is the simplest way to use your notes.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
history_lover said:
I can't find a way to do that? I have version 1.5.0, which seems to be the most recent. What exactly are you doing? I selected a section of text and the options that pop up are Highlight, Add Note, Search and "More" which then gives me options for the dictionary, Google, Report Content Error and Wikipedia. No "copy" option. I also tried selecting the text and just pressing Ctrl+C but when I pasted it into something else, it didn't work. I also tried looking for a way to copy text I highlighted - nothing.
Hmm, I don't know what's going on with yours. I have the same version, and as soon as I select text, I get a list of options which includes "Copy". I just did a test, copied & pasted into a blank doc on my PC--worked like a charm. My version # is listed as 1.5.0, updated on 5/25/11.

·
6,032 Posts
meromana said:
Hmm, I don't know what's going on with yours. I have the same version, and as soon as I select text, I get a list of options which includes "Copy". I just did a test, copied & pasted into a blank doc on my PC--worked like a charm. My version # is listed as 1.5.0, updated on 5/25/11.
Could it be that you can only do that with non-DRM'd books?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
meromana said:
history_lover said:
What versions of Windows are you using?

Betsy

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I actually use my K4PC a lot, for example for reading novels I plan to review for my blog. I love the ability to copy an paste which is really useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts