Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D

I can't stop myself.  My pages are littered with samples.  I'm so pleased that Amazon does this, its like standing in a b&m bookstore trying to figure out what I like.

B

·
0 Posts
I am having the same problem. I get so many that sometimes I go back to look at them and think "Why did I get that one?"

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Yes samples seem to multiply like tribbles.  Still, it's a good way to know what I thought at one time would be interesting to read.  I guess it's the Kindle answer to the back cover/inside front dust jacket blurb.

Remember though, when you finally do read the sample, if you decide to buy the book, come back here and click to Amazon through Kindleboards to help Harvey pay for this place!

Ann

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use samples kind of like a wish list. If I see a book I'd like, or someone on here (or elsewhere) recommends something, I'll get the sample. Later, when I'm looking for something to read, I'll read the sample, and buy if I like it.

This was really useful for me when I was stuck out of town for a week and ran out of reading material. It was a lot easier to choose something from the samples than to go look through everything to find a book to read.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lotus said:
I use samples kind of like a wish list. If I see a book I'd like, or someone on here (or elsewhere) recommends something, I'll get the sample. Later, when I'm looking for something to read, I'll read the sample, and buy if I like it.
That's exactly what I do.

This was really useful for me when I was stuck out of town for a week and ran out of reading material. It was a lot easier to choose something from the samples than to go look through everything to find a book to read.
Yes, I figure if I was interested enough to get the sample, it's a book I'm still potentially interested in, even many months later. I really don't worry at all about figuring out what I am going to read next.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am, and every once in a while I put down whatever I'm reading and sort through samples. Just to get them all off my home page. If I like it, I put it in save for later, until I can buy it.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
You should rectify that situation. :)

I

·
0 Posts
I like samples but have found they lead to me buying more books. Until I read what I have, I am not getting any more samples or new books..I have bought 3 since the last time I said that.

It wasn't my fault! You all said Killashandra was good so I got it. You didn't tell me it was the second book of a series of 3 so far! GRRRrr! :mad:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ohhh, you guys are evil! I have read the Crystal Singer series several times. I have them in paper. Now I need them for Ken. If you like Anne McCaffrey, try her "Pegasus" series. Although, I like all her work...lol! "The Ship Who...." series is realllllly good too. ;D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have several samples, but one of them I have no idea why I have it.  Can anyone help me?  LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's easy to answer, Dori, SOMEBODY posted something about the book.  I've got way too many samples that I got that way - I need to annotate each sample as I get them so that I know why/who/what thread.  :-\

Katiekat

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have a boatload of samples as well.... And so many books already to read.....

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Dori said:
Thank you. Anbody know why I have Off Season sample, Anne Rivers Siddons.
'Cause you asked for it. :) So read it, decide if you want to read the whole book, and keep or delete it according to your decision.

Though, now that you mention it, that's not one I remember seeing reccomended. . . .maybe you were showing it to someone and you got it because they asked about it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts