Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been lurking since I ordered my kindle.  Thought I would start post for people who ordered the same week.  We could all wait together and let each other know when our kindle has started to ship.  It seems like from reading the board that amazon hasn't shipped any kindle out for awhile.  Wonder what that is about?
I live in Texas and ordered my kindle on December 7th.  I have my skin for it from decalgirl and have ordered my cover from oberon covers.

Delores

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
sdrmartin said:
Hi,

I have been lurking since I ordered my kindle. Thought I would start post for people who ordered the same week. We could all wait together and let each other know when our kindle has started to ship. It seems like from reading the board that amazon hasn't shipped any kindle out for awhile. Wonder what that is about?
I live in Texas and ordered my kindle on December 7th. I have my skin for it from decalgirl and have ordered my cover from oberon covers.

Delores
Welcome Delores and congrats on your first post. You will fit right in here, you have accessories waiting on your Kindle, I did the same thing. :)

Please go to The Welcome/Intro Board and tell us more about yourself. This is a board for all new members. You will receive a warm welcome from many Kindleholics.

Linda

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Delores,
Welcome to the kindleboard.  We've had a lot of new folks join us recently who are also waiting for their Kindles to arrive. 
debbie

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Hello, I just miss out on your time frame, having ordered my Kindle 12/14. My delivery estimate: December 31, 2008 - March 23, 2009.
Quite the range, huh? Apparently not going to arrive December 31, 2008.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I ordered the same week as you did--December 12th--and my shipping estimate is March 2-March 13th. From reading other messages, I don't think any Kindles ordered in December have been shipped yet. (at least I haven't seen any posts that indicated this ;) I HAVE seen that Kindles ordered the last week of November have been shipped--and in some cases, received. It IS difficult to wait, isn't it? I've ordered a skin and a LOT of samples and books. I'm sure it will take a long time to download everything when I first turn Whispernet on!!! I think I'll just leave it plugged in that day and night, as I've read that the indexing can take a long time and wear down the battery if it's not plugged in.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. We'll all wait together.

Sandi

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Welcome dreamer333. Head over to the Introductions board and introduce yourself to the rest of the board. Here is hoping that your wait is not too long. I remember having to wait a whopping week for mine and going nuts. I can't imagine waiting 2 months.

G

·
The hardest part of becoming a new Kindle owner is the part you all are in now, the waiting.  I was fortunate to only have a 2 week wait but it was the longest most agonizing wait of my life.

I ordered Nov7 and got mine Nov22.  It was estimated to arrive Dec1-4 but came early thank goodness.  I had it over nighted and as luck would have it the trip from Kentucky was shorter than the time my Kindle spent on the local delivery truck that day.  The UPS facility is less than a mile from my house.

Not only was it a long day for me, I had my fellow Kindle Board members on pins and needles to.  I was so wound up, a pine cone hitting my roof would send me half way to the door before I realized what it was.  It was 7:42 PM on a Friday night when I Kindle finally arrived.

Every one here knows just how you feel right now.  It's not easy waiting but you will survive it.(Most of you anyway :) )  Spend this time reading all of your left over DTBs, reading the Kindle manual on line, and asking questions here on the Kindle Boards.  Learn as much as you can.  That way once it arrives, you will be ready to enjoy your Kindle right away and wont have to spend too much time looking stuff up. 

It may sound like an infomercial slogan but once you hold a Kindle your life does change.  I know mine did.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
ProfCrash said:
LOL. Well, maybe someone has invented a time machine that Amazon is testing out before they try selling it.
Well then, a bunch of us will have to change a lot of our posts about how long we've been waiting, won't we?

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I ordered my Kindle just over a week before you did (late on Nov 29) and am still waiting for my Kindle to think about shipping. I suspect that my Kindle will be one of the first when the next batch starts shipping as I have seen at least one with the same order date (and many from the day before) received their Kindle in December.

While waiting I have been learning all I can about the Kindle, joined a couple of the Kindle Book Klubs (reading DT versions), ordered 20 Kindle books from Amazon, reading my waiting unread DT books, and downloaded 260+ books from some free sites (ManyBooks, FreeKindle, FeedBooks, Baen Free Library).

I will try to remember to post here when my shipping status changes but even if I don't remember, I will certainly change my signature with each status change. That will update the signature on this post. I will definitely remember to post on the 'The official "I'm Waiting for my Kindle to Arrive" Thread' on this board.

Keeping busy while eagerly waiting for my Kindle-to-be,
Anna

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
HI!  I just found this thread and as I have posted several times already, mine was ordered on Dec 4 and today is Jan 25 and still no Kindle....  :'(    Ship date was originally Feb 26-March 9, but when I upgraded my shipping to  1 day from Super Saver, it made my estimated delivery March 2-9.  How upgrading shipping makes the estimate go back by over a week, I don't know.  Amazon sent me a reply to my angry email to them stating that my 'place in line' has not changed and that the estimate is probably still the original one.  ???

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered my Kindle Dec. 10th with a delivery date of March 12th - 16th.  The date changed to this one after I changed shipping to 2 day.  It was originally March 4th.  My friend ordered hers on Dec. 7th and she is still waiting also.  We're in N.J.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
MineKinder said:
Seems like all the Kindles are going to come in at once, and then everyones will be shipped out accordingly.
It does not appear that they are trickling in..... earlier than mid/end of March.
My understanding is that overseas shipments in standard shipping containers are usually of full containers. I am not certain of the size of the Kindle box but it looks to be 12"x8"x4". Estimating 2 Kindles per cubic foot (assuming that there is some extra packing material and size adjustments) then the various standard containers could hold between 1000 and 5000 Kindles each (container sizes range between 560 cu ft to 2660 cu ft). Of course the container could also contain batteries or other products as well as Kindles. ;) I am definitely expecting there to be a mass shipment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts