Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of reading it.

That book has cost me some major lost sleep time.

So far, my biggest criticism of it is the repetition. There's a story within a story, and much of that story gets repeated in large chunks. Okay, that probably sounds a little weird, but if you're about halfway through it or more, you will understand.

Otherwise, it's a rockin' good book. I'm about 80%, so I'm not going to check this in case someone doesn't heed my request in the subject.  :D  One person already warned me not to read the reviews because some ******* spoiled the entire thing.  :mad: ::)

But I will be finished soon and would love to come back and hear what everyone thought.  ;)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I'm hoping to start it within the next few day' trying to hold out and see if it's my book club's selection for our next read.  Not sure I'll make it though

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lynn McNamee said:
I'm in the process of reading it.

That book has cost me some major lost sleep time.

So far, my biggest criticism of it is the repetition. There's a story within a story, and much of that story gets repeated in large chunks. Okay, that probably sounds a little weird, but if you're about halfway through it or more, you will understand.

Otherwise, it's a rockin' good book. I'm about 80%, so I'm not going to check this in case someone doesn't heed my request in the subject. :D One person already warned me not to read the reviews because some ******* spoiled the entire thing. :mad: ::)

But I will be finished soon and would love to come back and hear what everyone thought. ;)
I haven't read it yet, but I just read 'Change of Heart' again (gives my chills every time I read it) and it makes me want to read 'The Storyteller'. I am reading 'Plain Truth' again and just noticed something about it I didn't notice the first time. The main character's role is told through 2 different viewpoints which has suddenly struck me as odd. I didn't notice it first time around. The story flips between first person of the main, then third person, so one minute it is up close and personal (I did .... etc) then the next it is using the main's name, and 'she said', 'she did', etc.

Sorry, that was a random comment, but I was thinking about it when I came on.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
L M May said:
I haven't read it yet, but I just read 'Change of Heart' again (gives my chills every time I read it) and it makes me want to read 'The Storyteller'. I am reading 'Plain Truth' again and just noticed something about it I didn't notice the first time. The main character's role is told through 2 different viewpoints which has suddenly struck me as odd. I didn't notice it first time around. The story flips between first person of the main, then third person, so one minute it is up close and personal (I did .... etc) then the next it is using the main's name, and 'she said', 'she did', etc.

Sorry, that was a random comment, but I was thinking about it when I came on.
Weird. Now I may have to buy that book. :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I love her books. Read most of them - the ones that have been released in the UK anyway. But was *very* disappointed in the film of My Sister's Keeper. How to ruin a good book by turning it into a Hollywood weepie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts