Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious - I have a bad habit of hopping on here (and amazon, although much less frequently now) while I'm supposed to be working.  I work in the building industry (sort of, rep agency) and we're a bit slow due to the economy.  I was just curious if anyone else was working while posting here!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jen said:
I'm just curious - I have a bad habit of hopping on here (and amazon, although much less frequently now) while I'm supposed to be working. I work in the building industry (sort of, rep agency) and we're a bit slow due to the economy. I was just curious if anyone else was working while posting here!
Oh yes...I haven't even checked my email yet. Ack!

L

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
There is much stuff I should be doing here at home, but I'm just pitzin' and putzin' while I'm waiting for the mail today.  It's almost noon.  Mailman might have been here.  I can see when he pulls up in front of the building (condo).  Think I'll go down and look . . . .

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
GUILTY as charged! I'm a nurse but my job allows me plenty of time to read the forums. No patients have coded or anything  ;) I conduct clinical trials for non FDA approved drugs and have control of my schedule & this time of year is slow. There are many others...Leslie, Khabita. We'll see how many fess up. I would be interested in seeing how many females and how many males? My guess would be more females. Tenix do you work, I know you are on here often?

Linda

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh yes! My house is a total mess.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Until very recently, I was the purchasing agent for an electrical manufacturing firm. Now I provide full-time care at home, for my wife. Technically, I'm in the nursing profession as well....I'm a state-licensed Nursing Assistant; a credential I obtained while I was preparing to leave my purchasing job. (In NH, nursing assistants are licensed by the state and are responsible to the Board of Nursing, unlike most other states that require a certificate of training).

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
What a wonderful husband! I do recall reading a post about your wife on Amazon, you work 24/7. Thanks for your great sense of humor, always look forward to your posts. Wishing the best to Mrs. Tenix.

Linda

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thank goodness I'm not the only one!  I've gotten pretty good at hitting the minimize button quickly when I hear someone coming  :eek:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm hoping that IT is not tracking me.  Could be very bad.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am going to make it a point to stay off this forum at work (like I ended having to do with the boards on Amazon).  I am however, having Hythloday delivered to work so that all may see it and worship me, his owner.  Actually, just from my Kindle stalking I have three people who want one (one is a student of mine who said for christmas, all he wants is Amazon gift cards so he can buy a kindle!).  Add to that the English teachers next door and across the hall and a friend of mine who is a Psychology major ... I think I just found a topic for another thread .... lemme read all the other topic lines first to be sure noone has done it yet ... is this forum searchable?).

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Well, since I am new to this board since yesterday I can tell you I still have some online bills to pay and I never got my laundry yesterday or today!! I haven't even been on facebook today! Of course I keep telling myself I am spending so much time here trying to catch up on past posts and that I won't be on here except for brief daily visits, but who am I kidding!!  ;D

·
Registered
325 Posts
My company won't let me browse forums at work :( The darned tracking software blocks all forums/message boards, tracks all sites I visit and prints out a report for my manager each month (which he promptly tosses in the trash).

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Although I work from home, I've certainly been slacking on all the other things I should be doing, especially with pending knee surgery.  I have two small quilts I'm supposed to be working on, and then there's housework (yuck!)  I have made progress on my Kindle Cover Cover, though!  Pictures coming soon!

I'll have to take a break from the forum today as I'm going to distribute campaign literature.  I'm going to take Eleanor the Kindle along just in case we need a break part way through.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Hurray, that last post made me a Full Member!!!!  Gonna download something onto Eleanor to celebrate.  (Already downloaded my free editions of the NYTimes and WashingtonPost!

·
Registered
829 Posts
:))  I've been at work 40 minutes and am already here...  what does that tell you?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
40 minutes Kirsten?!  Hmm, I think I made it roughly 25 this morning before I was on here already......

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is so bad. I can't believe it is 2 in the afternoon! I haven't even gotten through my email. I wasted 2 hours this morning finishing up the guilty pleasure book I was reading. That's the trouble with those kind of books: you can't put them down!

L

1 - 20 of 25 Posts