Kindle Forum banner

Anyone else submitting for the ABNA?

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  HeidiHall 
I entered yesterday. I figured why not, what's the worst that could happen, right?

Here's my pitch:
One boy. One girl. One insignificant moment that changes their lives forever.

Beyond Parallel follows the same mould as Sliding Doors, Uncertainty, and Smoking/No-Smoking: flipping between two parallel tales; one follows Bella and Clark as a couple, the other as if they never meet.

The entire book hinges on one, small, insignificant What-If-Moment, but as the stories develop you realize just how important those few seconds are. 

Highflying careers, book tours, teaching teenagers, hipster warehouses, coffee shop hangouts...they're all confronted in this contemporary tale about love, life, and what might-have-been.

The life of a teenager is hard, but it isn’t until you reach your twenties that the world pressurizes you into fulfilling your potential. As Clark says, “…how many big decisions are we supposed to make? Careers, school, moving out, living life, finding love, and all the while planning for what…a house, kids, mortgages, and pension plans. How the hell are we supposed to handle it all?”

The feeling of what if haunts us all at some stage in life. We could live a billion lives yet are only given one. Is it a mere game of chance or are some things meant to be? This is what the books asks of you, and in doing so it takes you on a journey of discovery and whimsy. You may never look at your own world the same again.

Beyond Parallel is a true love story through and through, but it’s also about growing up and making choices, no, life-altering decisions. – Lara Greenburg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.