Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a skin to match my new Touch cover but not having much luck. Decal Girl has a lot of purple, but I'm not really seeing much in the way of the purplish wine color. It's hard when you can't see them in person. Does anyone have a skin on another device that would match the wine cover?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought the Paris skin & it looks great with the purple lighted cover!! I love it!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I bought the "Elegy" skin in matte, and it looks great with the wine cover. The skin is mostly blackish trees again a dark to light sky, with reddish purple leaves that on the ground in the foreground of the design. Honestly, hardly any of the wine color even shows because of the design of the cover, so I think just about anything would work with it. That's just my opinion, though. I DO love the "Elegy" skin, though. The other one that I was considering was the "Library" skin in matte.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Vet said:
I like the Elegy design,very little distraction. :)
I agree. I also love the "Stand Alone" skin, which happened to be the first skin I ever bought.

Here are images of both.

"Elegy"

"Stand Alone" (Shown for Kindle 4.)

The "Stand Alone" one isn't shown for Kindle Touch, but DecalGirl allows you to shop by design (along the left-hand side of the home page where it says, "Don't see your favorite design?" You can have the skin made for a Kindle Touch at no extra charge.)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eilene said:
I bought the Paris skin & it looks great with the purple lighted cover!! I love it!
I have this one on my K4 with the brown cover and it looks great. I also thought it would look great with the purple cover but I hadn't decided if I wanted the same skin on both. It might be the best choice though.

I went thru all 58 pages of designs from the artists last night and came up with a few that might work. Thanks for the suggestions. After 58 pages I was hoping someone saw something I missed, but it seems i didn't miss anything. Guess now I have to make a decision...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
One of the nice things about the KT lighted cover by Amazon is that the color is entirely on the outside. The inside back of the cover, where the KT fits, as well as front inside cover, are both completely gray. There's no way with my wine cover that I can see what color it is when I have the cover open. Under that circumstance, any skin will work just fine. Some of you may find it really important for the skin to match the outside color of your cover, even though the two won't be seen in juxtaposition when the KT is seated in the cover. I took a photo of my KT cover when it's open with my KT in place, but I'll need to insert the photo here from my computer instead of from my iPad. If anyone wants to see what the KT looks like when properly seated in the cover, just let me know, and I'll post the photo. (I'm in my living room with my daughter right now, and we're finishing up a movie.)  I'll post the photo in a few minutes if I think of it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
maries said:
The dog one or the Paris Bridge?
It's called Paris makes me happy.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Here's the photo of my KT with the Elegy skin in the wine/purple cover. (Sorry about the quality of the photo, but I was sitting in a darkened room with only the tv and the Christmas tree for light, as my daughter and I were watching a movie.) You can tell what I mean about not being able to tell the color of the cover when it's open. (The border at the bottom of the center of my cover is from the skin on my iPad.) Anyway, here's the photo:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the picture...that one is nice. I agree, the skin wouldn't have to match the cover since you can't see it when it is opened, but I'm just picky that way I guess. I already have one that I ordered that I really love and had on my K3. It has purple and blue and doesn't match the cover, but maybe I should just try that one for a while and see if it bothers me. Maybe it won't bother me as much as I think. I guess no one else usually sees my kindle besides me, so it probably shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just bought the Sinovia skin to go with the purple cover. I haven't gotten the cover yet, but I think I like the color the best from the choices they had. I'm surprised with the color choices they offered. Not sure why they didn't add a red or blue to the mix. For those that have there's is the color closer to a wine or is it more purple?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kathy said:
I just bought the Sinovia skin to go with the purple cover. I haven't gotten the cover yet, but I think I like the color the best from the choices they had. I'm surprised with the color choices they offered. Not sure why they didn't add a red or blue to the mix. For those that have there's is the color closer to a wine or is it more purple?
It's a cross between the two, really. It is a wine color with a very definite purple tinge to it. Looks wine until you hold an actual wine color up to it, then it looks purple, until you hold true purple up to it. It's a very pretty color, but very hard to match. I finally gave up and I'm just using the skin I love. It has purple and blues and doesn't really match the cover, but you can't see the color of the cover once it's opened so I can live with them not matching.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
KindleGirl said:
It's a cross between the two, really. It is a wine color with a very definite purple tinge to it. Looks wine until you hold an actual wine color up to it, then it looks purple, until you hold true purple up to it. It's a very pretty color, but very hard to match. I finally gave up and I'm just using the skin I love. It has purple and blues and doesn't really match the cover, but you can't see the color of the cover once it's opened so I can live with them not matching.
The one I ordered has purple and a deep red color. It also has the grey blended in that should match the inside of the cover. I really don't care if it matches completely because like you said you don't see the cover color when reading. I love the skin and can't wait to get my Touch and cover and put it altogether. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts