Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally don't tweet, even at gunpoint, but I figure Twitter can't be all that different from other forms of promotions. Booktweeters.com, which is an extension of eBooksHabit, claims nearly 600 thousand followers, and their signup page looks pretty user-friendly too.

But as to their effectiveness/ROI, I don't remember seeing them mentioned on KBoards one way or the other.

Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with this promo? (especially for a free book?)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
It seems to have been discussed but I didn't see a straightforward answer from someone that tried them.

I did, because I'll try almost anything once. I saw almost no effect. I wouldn't waste the money if I were you.

I

·
0 Posts
I don't know anything about this site. However, I spent some time doing Twitter based marketing in 2009 and also in 2013.

1) There are VERY FEW Twitter based marketers that are genuine.

You can buy 100,000 followers for $100.

2) There are lots of ways to increase your follower count with completely useless, irrelevant followers.

3) For people who genuinely build a real base, Twitter is very powerful However, one author told me it took her nearly a year of tweeting 1 hr a day to get to 20,000+. How old is a site? Did it get to 600,000 gradually or just randomly in a short time period?

4) For people who have genuine audiences Twitter can be very powerful for anything. Even selling books. If you can verify that this service has real followers then you should consider it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I didn't use them, but I ended up following them back for a while when they randomly followed me.  I had to turn them off.  Seriously, I can put up with a lot of spam on twitter, but they had so many books to go through every day that it was this constant stream of them in my feed.  Even if there were great books in there, I ended up completely ignoring (and eventually unfollowing them) all of them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just wanted to say that I've been using BookTweeter (without the "s") on some of my authors' books for months now. It's so important that I can actually tell when their monthly promotion ends by watching for that book's rank to start falling. When I see unexplained sales slumps, I know to go check my promotions list because my BookTweeter promo probably just ended. I let the ranking fall for a few days then buy another month's promotion to get it back up there.

Also, although I don't know Joey well, I have had a lot of contact with Faydra and she is extremely professional and easy to work with.

I know a lot of people here swear that Twitter does nothing for book sales, but that hasn't been my authors' experience. Good luck to you.

ETA: I should have made it clear that I'm talking about BookTweeter (without the "s") while the OP asked about BookTweeters (with the "s" in their name) I did try BookTweeters a long time ago and didn't get any results with them. I don't know what they do differently, but results from the two companies were like night and day for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts