Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, is the velcro sewn in the case in the same place in both?  I'm going to get my Oberon soon and it seems that the velcro is the more popular choice so I'm leaning that way but I want to make sure that if I someday end up with two that the cases will be easily swapped and the velcro will line up right.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have an velcro Oberon and my daughter does too. We've never switched covers but it looks like the velcro is in the same place on each of them. If not exactly the same, they are pretty close and I am sure the velcro on your Kindle would work.

L

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Leslie!  I still keep going back and forth on which style I want, corners or velcro.  I guess I'm paranoid that the corners will push buttons when I don't want them to.  I'm dying to get my hands on that gorgeous butterfly.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am happy with the velcro on my K1 cover but I just ordered a new Oberon for K2 and chose corners for that. It seems the new Kindle doesn't have as many buttons/switches near the edge and the corners should work well. I did like the corners on my original M-edge covers (since given as gifts to others).

L

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Leslie - I just got my Forest cover today as a Valentine gift from hubby (thought I was going to have to wait till Mother's Day from kids).  I think it is the most beautiful cover ever!  I wanted the velcro and that is what husband thought he ordered, but it has corners instead.  I don't want to wait for another one or send this back even though Oberon is great with customer service and, I'm sure, would be glad to do that.  Have you or do you know if anyone has converted corners to velcro on their own and might be able to give instructions?  BTW, yes the Forest is wraparound, the color is gorgeous from dark/bright olive on the raised parts to  dark forest green in the more deeply etched areas - LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Buttercup said:
As someone who just ordered the cover with corners is there a reason you're so opposed to them?
I believe I will prefer not to have anything on top of my beautifully skinned Kindle and I am in a poor whispernet area so most often use USB cord for downloading which will require me to remove the bottom left corner to attach (the charging port and headphone port are completely accessible). I have my Kindle in the new cover with the corners now and it seems very secure and no problem slipping off the "bungee" corner to access back buttons so I may be content to leave it as is. I also don't seem to have the problem others have mentioned of the corners being so tight they create inadvertent page turns. I guess it just seemed the Kindle was equally secure with the velcro without any possibility of the potential problems of the corners. Overall I am just happy to finally have an Oberon cover!

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is the large (6x9 inch) Journal I ordered,
should be here late next week (2/19).

I really like almost all the colors, but I sort of prefer, for some designs, the more natural/in nature type colors, they call this "saddle". I hope I will like it as much as I anticipate.

And yes as stated previously this will be for my own journaling needs. Kindle 2 may get one down the road.

It was a hard choice between this and the forest one.
I knew I wanted a wrap around for my journal.

Eric

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
crebel said:
Leslie - I just got my Forest cover today as a Valentine gift from hubby (thought I was going to have to wait till Mother's Day from kids). I think it is the most beautiful cover ever! I wanted the velcro and that is what husband thought he ordered, but it has corners instead. I don't want to wait for another one or send this back even though Oberon is great with customer service and, I'm sure, would be glad to do that. Have you or do you know if anyone has converted corners to velcro on their own and might be able to give instructions? BTW, yes the Forest is wraparound, the color is gorgeous from dark/bright olive on the raised parts to dark forest green in the more deeply etched areas - LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Oh, thank you for this! I can't wait to hold it in my hands and see it in person....

L

1 - 20 of 29 Posts