Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a  5-star review of one of my stories removed yesterday out of the blue. I inquired with KDP, and they wrote back that I was the author of the review. This is not true. I wrote back and said it wasn't me, a family member, or anyone that I know. I hope they'll research further and change their verdict. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Bums me out.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It's happened to a lot of people lately.  There's a few bugs in the system.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Dennis E. Yates said:
I had a 5-star review of one of my stories removed yesterday out of the blue. I inquired with KDP, and they wrote back that I was the author of the review. This is not true. I wrote back and said it wasn't me, a family member, or anyone that I know. I hope they'll research further and change their verdict. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Bums me out.
They have some unknown system by which they decide if a review was from you, a family member, or a friend. It can misfire. It can also NOT fire. (I know of instances where a review fails this criteria and still remains. I don't care, I think it's a dumb rule and I'm happy to have Amazon not always catch violating reviews.)

Sorry for the loss of the review.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
They matched your IP address with the person who wrote it. I have had this happen plenty as I teach classes on college campuses and use their wireless, along with everyone else.

Or it could be a glitch. But usually it's an IP match.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
TexasGirl said:
They matched your IP address with the person who wrote it. I have had this happen plenty as I teach classes on college campuses and use their wireless, along with everyone else.

Or it could be a glitch. But usually it's an IP match.
Notably, this does not always happen. People who share IP addresses do not always get flagged by the system. I think it's not as simple as just an IP match.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They just let me know that it was some technical glitch or that the reviewer removed their review. They aren't going to take any action, so I guess I'll just see if the glitch gets ironed out later.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
One of my titles lost 12 reviews last year. I didn't know any of them. None came back. I've accepted it, mourned, and moved on. (Well, I'm actually secretly fuming about it, but I have to pretend that I don't care otherwise I sound crazy). :D Now I'm a review whore. Instead of waiting for people to leave them, I say GO WRITE REVIEWS! Oddly, that works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts