Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to the text to speech this morning on the way to work and thought I'd try my headphones and I can only hear in one ear bud. I did test the actual headphones with my iPod and they work fine, I can hear thru both ear buds. I tried to jiggle around the connection on the Kindle (new one, K2) and I could barely hear a click in the one ear bud, but no real sounds.

Think it's a faulty unit? Just wanted some input before I call customer service. I have not rebooted the Kindle, but don't really see how this will help.

BTW, the text to speech sounds much better with headphones! (even only thru one ear  :))

·
Registered
78 Posts
You've got some kind of problem because I hear TTS out of both sides of my headphones. Maybe the jack wasn't pushed in far enough.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried removing, jiggling etc. the headphone jack and it still won't work right.

BTW, just looked at your blog and I am in Suwanee, too and we have a motorcycle. :) Honda ST1300.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Can you try a different set of headphones?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I can hear output from both sides using the Z-Buds from Zagg.

There was a thread mentioning a way to get these at a discount a few days ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Brenda M. said:
I tried removing, jiggling etc. the headphone jack and it still won't work right.

BTW, just looked at your blog and I am in Suwanee, too and we have a motorcycle. :) Honda ST1300.
Nice! Then you should ride it on Friday. The weather should be great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The headphones work fine with my Ipod.

Will probably get out on the bike this weekend for sure!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Anyone have trouble with volume?  DH's won't go loud enough even with the volume turned all the way up - and this is with the headphones on - if he's in a loud area - like doing the dishes.  ;)

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
BruceS said:
I can hear output from both sides using the Z-Buds from Zagg.

There was a thread mentioning a way to get these at a discount a few days ago, but I can't seem to find it now.
It was a thread in the Forum Central - Members Only but the offer was only good thru Feb 28 - wouldn't hurt to check to see if it is ongoing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I am such an idiot! The headphone jack just wasn't pushed all the way in! I tried it numerous times and I kept doing the same thing. Duh! At least now I know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Brenda M. said:
Okay, I am such an idiot! The headphone jack just wasn't pushed all the way in! I tried it numerous times and I kept doing the same thing. Duh! At least now I know.
Ah, see :)

I had the same problem when I tried using my iPhone earbuds. It looked right but needed an extra click to get them to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts