Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are used to snow, I'm not. Before Las Vegas it was Hawaii and before that, San Francisco. I did live in Germany but that was over 2 decades ago. So I'm excited and it doesn't usually snow in the valley!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, no. Well, it gets quite cold (high 30s low 40s) during winter but it hardly if ever snows and usually not enough to stick to anything. I have gloves but no snow shoes, just wore boots and a thick jacket.  The pictures were from Monday but it's snowing pretty good today too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chynared21 said:
That's pretty cool. Does a snowfall cause everything to be shut down or does life go on as usual?
Life goes on but the I-15 was shut down for part of the day and of course lots of people stop to take pictures although I did see a few with cameras hanging out of the window trying to snap while driving. Thankfully, they were on mostly empty backroads. I decided not to chance the freeways because most people, including me, don't know how to drive in snow.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
It snowed today? I just woke up. There isn't much snow in Summerlin/Centennial Hills (from what I see from the window) and that's where the snow sticks best...since we are high in the valley. Where in the valley did it snow like that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pictures posted are from Monday at the Travelscape building in Summerlin.  I'm on Tropicana and Rainbow, it's been snowing for a few hours now, none sticking.  It's also snowing in Boulder and my husband says it's sticking to the ground there.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Its snowing in Centennial Hills now. Its not sticking to the rocks (which covers Everyone's yard) and the streets, but its sticking onto chairs and plants. This is perfect weather for kimchi ramen. Yum. On monday, I was in Summerlin and the snow stuck pretty well. Better than it did by CSN. I think I am staying home today

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: IT'S STICKING!

I took some pics but it's on the good camera and I don't know where the the usb cable is for it.
They just sent my husband home from Boulder because of it.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
lol my dog is staring out the sliding door again she really really wants to go out and play in the snow. She hasn't really played in the snow since our trip to Tahoe. The snow is coming down in larger bunches now

·
Registered
788 Posts
Speaking of unreasonably cold weather, I had to scrape ice off of my car this morning in the SF Bay Area.  :mad:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a nice shot!  Kids are now outside playing in the snow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mikuto said:
Speaking of unreasonably cold weather, I had to scrape ice off of my car this morning in the SF Bay Area. :mad:
After work on Monday, the last car pic is what it looked like. I scraped off most of the snow with a piece of junk mail. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Poi Girl said:
After work on Monday, the last car pic is what it looked like. I scraped off most of the snow with a piece of junk mail. :D
Bleh! I remember having to scrape 2 inches of ice off my car in bad Michigan winters, nasty nasty stuff. I was hoping I'd move far enough south to avoid it!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vegas_Asian said:
Lol. I made my brother scrape off all the snow from my car since I drop and pick him up from work.
Lol. I hope he didn't have to do it with bare hands! I definitely wasn't prepared.
Mikuto said:
Bleh! I remember having to scrape 2 inches of ice off my car in bad Michigan winters, nasty nasty stuff. I was hoping I'd move far enough south to avoid it!
Hopefully it's a once in a blue moon thing, like snow in Vegas. I remember winters in SF, mostly a thin sheen of ice but nothing exciting.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Its only snowed 4 of the 5 years I have been here, but only once a year. Other than that its just been snow flurries.

We had some snow stuff we keep for when my dad and I go snowboarding. I used that. We keep it in the same area (in the snowboarding trip bag)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I remember last year someone told me to run outside because it was snowing.  Whoopdedoo, they were sparse little specks of floating ice that melted before it hit the ground. I was sorely disappointed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts