Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here would have made their own. I tend to read alot in bed or in a recliner and need my Kindle propped up. My neck just hates all that looking down. I prop it on pillows, blankets, a combination of stuff. It's a mess! Has anyone been crafty enough to make their own and have a pattern? I know they have the peeramid ones at Amazon but  I just don't like the looks of that.
Kdawna

·
Registered
138 Posts
-smiles- Okay, so what you do right os make a 'wedge' pillow and then, as the book peeramid does make a little ditch for the kindle to rest in by moving the hem in a little

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
meljackson said:
That would be cool! I just prop mine up on the dog. He never, ever moves after 9 p.m.

Melissa
LOL! I wonder if I could teach my cats that...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I have one cat that is quite large but something tells me that she just won't go for it!    ;)

Good luck on your search, Kdawna!  I always use a towel or an extra throw pillow to prop my books in bed. 

I don't like the peeramid, either.  Let us know if you find anything cool!  :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The book "chair" is too freaking cute!

I did think about making a pillow, but it came back to time versus money.  A couple hours to design, a hour or so to buy the fabric & stuffing, a couple of hours to sew (I'm NOT good at sewing and I'm a perfectionist)--I'm already at way way over the price of the Peeramid.  And I've lost five hours that I could have been reading in!

Getting the balance right without making it heavy & too oversized (unless you'll also be reading hardcovers) would be my primary concern.  While I've though repeatedly that I can better the design of the Peeramid, I've also found it to be well balanced with the weight of the Kindle.  Obviously the wide base was designed for books, so it's not going to be knocked askew with just a kindle.

I'd consider making my wedge have two different angles to read from, and having the ledge roll "flop" from one side to another when you turn the pillow over.  You may want a different angle for reading flat on your back or laying on your stomach versus sitting upright.

Just my thoughts.....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
yep, loving that bookchair.. it'll fit in great here... I have a little chair for my Ipod & one for my cell  :) 

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think Borders carries the book chair too, but I haven't been there in awhile. If you are a rewards member at borders maybe you can use a coupon too.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a cute little book holder. I like the blue color. I don't think I would want wood on my lap in bed though. Something softer would be better. Someone could make some $$$$ with all these kindles by making some bookholders in various fabrics and such. (I don't sew). We all need more accessories right???
  Ladynightshade, on the first address you sent, the easy read one, after I clicked it and it opened up my virus protection popped up and said it quaranteed(sp?) something.
Kdawna

·
Registered
138 Posts
kdawna said:
That is a cute little book holder. I like the blue color. I don't think I would want wood on my lap in bed though. Something softer would be better. Someone could make some $$$$ with all these kindles by making some bookholders in various fabrics and such. (I don't sew). We all need more accessories right???
Ladynightshade, on the first address you sent, the easy read one, after I clicked it and it opened up my virus protection popped up and said it quaranteed(sp?) something.
Kdawna
O.O mine never did that, and that was a link I got from amazon. (One of the moments on there recommended it) by McAfee never went off for me...

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
CAUTION on that first link!!

Clicking on it has twice crashed my computer. I see the pic, and then for some reason it wants to start up Adobe, and then in the middle of that it crashes. And then I get a message from Norton saying "A recent attempt to attack your computer was blocked." I don't have anything else running. Definitely something wrong with that site.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I also look at the first link and it locked up my computer at work, I about had a heart attack!  I had to mess with it for awhile before I could even reboot, finally got it to completely turned off and was too afraid to go back on to the KindleBoards when I got it back up and running.  It also was the only thing I had running at the time.  I think someone might want to put a warning up or notify Amazon of the defective link.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
It's the easy-read link, not Amazon... but you're right, maybe we should notify the main site.

Do you think that maybe those of you who posted that link and/or quoted from it later should delete the link in your posts, so that other people don't start reading the thread and have the same thing happen before they finish reading this far?  I'm not sure of the correct etiquette for something like this but it seems like the nice thing to do.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Levenger makes a Thai book rest. It is very pretty, may be pricey, I can't remember the cost right now, but I think about $35 or $40. I am sorry I don't have a link to it, but if you go to the levenger site & do a search you'll find it. www.levenger.com
kjn

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
I got the Levenger one as a gift a few years ago and I have used it with both my KK and my K2.  I also experimented with them nekkid and in the cases...
It doesn't work well for me if I am sitting up and trying to hold it on my lap.  BUT, I tend to read flopped across the bed and it works great for that.
It has one of the cute built-in cat toys too! (aka bookmark)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts