Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the M-edge cover and light on the 12th - and the projected delivery date for the light isn't until the end of February or beginning of March!!  Has anyone else ordered recently?  :(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yes, I ordered one on January 9.
The expected delivery is February 13, 2009 - March 3, 2009.

It is a really long time to wait.  It better be nice for making us wait that long.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see some discussion on the Amazon site that some people are receiving the light earlier than projected. I hope that is the case.

A friend ordered hers a week before mine.  I'll keep looking for her delivery status as an indication of mine.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I certainly hope it ships earlier.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to keep some little lights in stock  :(

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Hopefully it will ship soon for you.

My daughter has one and likes it. She actually doesn't use it the way it's designed though. She turns it upside down and slides the bar under the Kindle (not in the pocket), down near the keyboard. That puts the light itself up towrds the top of the Kindle. She likes it better that way when she's reading because she can get the screen lit up better that way.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Hopefully it will ship soon for you.

My daughter has one and likes it. She actually doesn't use it the way it's designed though. She turns it upside down and slides the bar under the Kindle (not in the pocket), down near the keyboard. That puts the light itself up towrds the top of the Kindle. She likes it better that way when she's reading because she can get the screen lit up better that way.
Now that's ingenious! I was hoping the bendy-neck would be bendy enough to get it pointed where it should be. But I'll keep this idea in mind.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I ordered on November 25th and have yet to receive mine.  I ordered from the M-edge site.  I was told backordered till Jan. 26.  So I haven't expected to receive mine for a couple more weeks.
Anyone else order around that time get theirs yet, if you ordered from M-edge, that is?
thanks,
deb

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered mine on 12/19 and got it last week.  I love it. The bendy neck is great!  Deb, you might want to give them a call and ask where the heck your light is.. I ordered through Amazon not M-edge.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really wanted the medge light but i'm just not willing to wait that long without a light. Any suggestions for something similar?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ordered January 7th

Delivery estimate: February 11, 2009 - February 27, 2009

* 1 of: M-edge e-Luminator Booklight for Amazon Kindle--PRE-ORDER, SHIPS ~1/26
Megan - the question is whether you want a light that can be carried in your cover. If so, I don't know of many options..the M-Edge e-Luminator or one made by Periscope http://www.periscopelight.com/store/index.cfm?module=catalog&fuse=detail&prod_id=Kindle%201&catname=Products.

If portability is not a requirement, then I personally think a clip-on light, such as the Mighty Brite, are better options.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
nickih75 said:
I ordered mine on 12/19 and got it last week. I love it. The bendy neck is great! Deb, you might want to give them a call and ask where the heck your light is.. I ordered through Amazon not M-edge.
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I was just assuming that since they were backordered I would not be receiving it for a while. I did send an email out to them, since I have already been charged for it.
thanks again,
deb

·
Registered
469 Posts
I ordered my E-illumintor light January 7 and received confirmation that it shipped already. I haven't received it yet but maybe by Monday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered mine on 1/9.  Shipping estimate is 2/10-2/24.  My Kindle isn't due until the beginning of March, so they will likely meet together.

·
Registered
552 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I ordered mine on November 12th and got it on 12/26. It's fantastic!! :)
LOL, reading your post I find myself wishing the days of January away. Not good, I know.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts