Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates at Amazon:

It got some good reviews at Amazon, but I wanted to hear how the board members did or did not enjoy it!

Thanks!
Rachel

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I haven't read it. I also didn't see the movie, despite seeing the preview several times and hearing it had good reviews. It just looked too depressing.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Athenagwis said:
I bumped into Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates at Amazon:

It got some good reviews at Amazon, but I wanted to hear how the board members did or did not enjoy it!

Thanks!
Rachel
Rachel I read it and it is depressing in many ways. I chose not to see the movie after reading the book. I enjoyed it though and found the story most interesting. I recommend it if you are not looking for a happily ever after story.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, I have a very hard time reading books (or watching movies) that don't end good.  LOL  OMG I think the movie "The Mist" scarred me for quite some time!!  (Though I hear the book ends differently)  I think I will be taking this one off my list for now.  Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks!
Rachel

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I didn't see the movie, but I read the book on my Sony 700.  It was, I guess I could say, a depressing book.  But, then it was about a marriage in which the people involved were struggling to maintain their individuality.  It was a very good read.  Not happy, but I did enjoy it in the sense it was well written enough to make me think about my own marriage throughout, and after, I read the book.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I read it and it's beautifully written, but it's definitely not a "happily ever after" book.  I'm not sure "enjoy" is the word I'd use, but it was a worthwhile read because of the writing. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts