Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Those are cute, but I'm not confident that padding alone is sufficient to prevent damage to an otherwise unprotected screen.  With something rigid or semi rigid in there, the force of any impact is spread, hopefully to the edges of the Kindle frame and away from the fragile screen.  The lack of additional support is why I'm no longer using my BorsaBella naked Kindle sleeve as a daily carry item.

A friend uses the 6x9 Oberon journal the same way as these sleeves, just slides the K2 directly into the pocket for storage & pulls it out to read.  She loves it!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Actually, I've already seen these. Like VictoriaP said, I was a bit wary of the construction. It just didn't seem sturdy enough. Then, again maybe it is. I don't know of anyone who has bought one these. So, we don't have a review for it. I just don't like the style of them. If you like it, then go for it! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought they were cute and different...I don't think I will buy one at this time, though.  I'd rather wait for the new oberon blue...my husband is already having heart palpitations with the amount of accessories I've purchased.  :D  I just thought some of the folks looking for sleeves might be interested... ;D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't spend a dime on that. I'm sorry to say it so bluntly but the sewing on the cover is pitiful. I've done A LOT of sewing in my life and those covers look VERY poorly constructed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Those are cute, but I'm not confident that padding alone is sufficient to prevent damage to an otherwise unprotected screen. With something rigid or semi rigid in there, the force of any impact is spread, hopefully to the edges of the Kindle frame and away from the fragile screen. The lack of additional support is why I'm no longer using my BorsaBella naked Kindle sleeve as a daily carry item.

A friend uses the 6x9 Oberon journal the same way as these sleeves, just slides the K2 directly into the pocket for storage & pulls it out to read. She loves it!
Same here. Noticed those on etsy but look too soft. Have a bora bella sleeve for the naked kindle and stopped using it as I don't think its very protective. Just use it to store other things in now. I have a octo sleeve in croc-style blue and love it. Rigid and feel it is protecting the screen and very slim so its easy to drop in another bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.