Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who has sold on the German Amazon yet? I haven't and don't even click on it anymore as I know I'll see the dreaded beige strip of despair if I do.
How have you done on it and do you think it would be better having it for a different country instead like Australia maybe?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I sold 2 last mont on DE and 1 so far this month.  Clearly I've hit pay dirt over there.  ;D

I'm not sure how viable an Australian Amazon would be.  We only have a population of 21 or 22 million.  Even when you added in NZ and a few neighbouring Pacific islands it still doesn't amount to a big market for Amazon.  Not sure they'd get a good return on their investment.  Being an Aussie I'd love to have one for us though. 

·
Registered
366 Posts
My DE brown bar disappeared a couple hours ago and 2 sales appeared in its place.  ;D

I had 1 sale about a week after DE went live, but nothing else until now.

The UK brown bar is still there.  :'(

Lanette

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've yet to have a sale on de, but I do get Australians e-mailing me to buy signed copies of my book, hence I mentioned Australia - besides, we don't have the translation problem there do we?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I sold two of my grappling books over there. Apparently a couple of people in Germany like to wrestle.

G

·
Give those Germans a break. They lost a couple of big time wars last century and killed a dozen million people; then they got the big time wall and took a few years tearing it down. Then they had to learn what a Euro is. Their sentences are too long and some of their verbs take forever to write out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alan nayes said:
nothing for me--i'll do a back flip if i lose that brown wall.
I think I'd join you. Imagine seeing that awful strip disappear. I still think Australia and South Africa would be good places to have

·
Registered
76 Posts
ascepticalmedium said:
Is there anyone who has sold on the German Amazon yet? I haven't and don't even click on it anymore as I know I'll see the dreaded beige strip of despair if I do.
How have you done on it and do you think it would be better having it for a different country instead like Australia maybe?
My mother (see .sig) has sold less than a dozen copies total. (And no sales yet this month.) And she has the advantage of having had 6 novels translated into German and sold by mainstream German publishers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Justin Alexander said:
My mother (see .sig) has sold less than a dozen copies total. (And no sales yet this month.) And she has the advantage of having had 6 novels translated into German and sold by mainstream German publishers.
In that case, what hope the rest of us!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yep, nothing here, too. I can say that I've sold more DTBs in the German market.

I doubt an Australian Amazon would be viable. If you included New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and even Singapore, you're still looking at less than 40 million english speakers. Plus, I suspect Australia is Kobo and ibook territory much more so than Kindle country.

When I do get a German Kindle sale, it'll certainly come as a  :eek: surprise! :eek: 

1 - 20 of 48 Posts