Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found out Barnes and Nobles offer ads on their site like Amazon. Unfortunately, there's not much info about prices, for instance, or length of the promotion. I also wonder if indies can use them. Has someone ever tried?

· Registered
670 Posts
This doesn't appear to be a self-service platform judging by the stated specs (integration with 3rd party networks, etc.) and "contact us" form -- probably goes to the ad sales team to start a manual sign-up process targeting large clients. 

I was interested in the "audience" description on that BN page ... female, 40, kids in house, college educated, income $60k+. I know that when I used to run Goodreads Giveaways the respondents skewed heavily female. That could be because of the topic areas of the books, but I also suspect it speaks to the audience composition at Goodreads. I wonder if it's similar at Amazon.

· Registered
2,621 Posts
ilamont said:
This doesn't appear to be a self-service platform judging by the stated specs (integration with 3rd party networks, etc.) and "contact us" form -- probably goes to the ad sales team to start a manual sign-up process targeting large clients.

I was interested in the "audience" description on that BN page ... female, 40, kids in house, college educated, income $60k+. I know that when I used to run Goodreads Giveaways the respondents skewed heavily female. That could be because of the topic areas of the books, but I also suspect it speaks to the audience composition at Goodreads. I wonder if it's similar at Amazon.
It is similar at BookBub. This is older data but I doubt it's changed enough to become untrue. http://agentqueryconnect.com/index.php?/topic/18795-bookbub-reveals-demographic-data-about-its-buyersreaders/

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running a promo which is going pretty well, for a newbie like me, although I have spent far too much in promo sites which haven't delivered. So now I've learned my lesson and I'm starting to select where my money goes. I've just gone wide, so reaching out to Nook readers could be really useful, but it no one has tried yet, I don't know ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.