Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FB, Amazon, Bookbub (to a lesser extent) seem to be the go-to for ongoing advertisements,

Have anyone tried other outlets with paid ads (I'm not talking about social media engagement, but really ads)

• Twitter in particular
  • Youtube?

How did it work out? Just curious. I'm thinking of putting 50-100$ on Twitter and happy to report back what I learn.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
A few years ago I tried Twitter and promoting my book trailer on Youtube. I got eyeballs on Youtube, but it did not translate to sales. Twitter is tough because every tweet has such a short life and the only people who see it are those who happen to be scrolling on Twitter at that moment. Soon after, they are buried.

My experience with Twitter has been posting to my own social media channels (10 of them), Ask David tweeting service and the purchase of ads. None showed a return. But that was just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I'm not sure I would want to give either Youtube or twitter a try for paid ads. Most go to youtube to find out info, or special interests, and ads are a hinderence to that experience and I skip them as soon as I can. I've uploaded around 9 videos of my books and there's not much interest. I had 200 views on one before I updated it last week, but no sales.The only followers I've mustered is 10 in 2 months and that was from "how to" videos tips on formatting and editing. The problem is engaging. All it's doing for books is saying look at me, look at my book, rather than, here's something that could help you. It's the same with twitter. I have around 1200 followers, but if I post anything, I hardly ever get a response or a retweet, so I just don't think the engagement is there, other than tweets for self-interest..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Twitter ad. provides large-scale analytical information such as ad. impressions, profile visits and mentions. Targeting: Twitter is the best amongst other social networks when it comes to targeting users. Allows us target followers of our competitors; thereby putting our brand in the face of our competitors' customers. Ease of setup: Setting up a Twitter ad. campaign is very easy, probably amongst the simplest things to do on Twitter.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Twitter ad. provides large-scale analytical information such as ad. impressions, profile visits and mentions. Targeting: Twitter is the best amongst other social networks when it comes to targeting users. Allows us target followers of our competitors; thereby putting our brand in the face of our competitors' customers. Ease of setup: Setting up a Twitter ad. campaign is very easy, probably amongst the simplest things to do on Twitter.
???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Regardless of what K says above, my Twitter results in the past have been terrible. Even for companies and Twitter offering great results, my sales were nearly non-existent. My results at Pinterest were poor also. Amazon ads have gotten very pricy, but at least I sell books. Facebook has been hit-and-miss, but I still sell some with each "boost" of a posting.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Regardless of what K says above, my Twitter results in the past have been terrible. Even for companies and Twitter offering great results, my sales were nearly non-existent. My results at Pinterest were poor also. Amazon ads have gotten very pricy, but at least I sell books. Facebook has been hit-and-miss, but I still sell some with each "boost" of a posting.
I've had the same results you've had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts