Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying out the new "Send to Kindle" button.

I put a version of my book's sample online, with the button which (as far as I can tell) seems to work. Only thing is, the CSS I use to format the text seems to be stripped out in the sample that is sent to Kindle. I sent a mail to the support but have not had a reply yet. Anyone else had something similar? This is the page I'm testing with http://masha.co.za/broken_path/the_broken_path_sample.html

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Not sure about the special button, but both the browser plug in and the computer right-click applet, send it with a specific, simple, standard.  I doubt you can specify any further styling.  It's for getting the words there quickly in a way that kindle will read; it's not going to do the full formatting one would expect in a 'real' published book.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Not sure about the special button, but both the browser plug in and the computer right-click applet, send it with a specific, simple, standard. I doubt you can specify any further styling. It's for getting the words there quickly in a way that kindle will read; it's not going to do the full formatting one would expect in a 'real' published book.
That's true. I've used those browser plugins too. Makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
scottmarlowe said:
It's something you put on your site. You can check out how it works on my site. I got it working the other day.
Yes! There are ALSO plug ins that can bee added as extensions to various browsers, but the discussion here is specifically about a new version that can be used by people on their own pages. . . . . .

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for adding the link, Lisa :)
Yes, it's a way of adding a button to a web page so that the content can be sent to a Kindle. As Ann says, you can do it with a browser plugin, but in this way, you are not reliant on what the viewer has installed, you just put the button on your page and specify what part of the page you want sent.

It's really easy to do.  Thanks for testing, MegSilver! 

1 - 9 of 9 Posts