Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do any writing on an android tablet?

I have a cool little android tablet that I was using ONLY to read or dork around on the net.  My super-hubby found the most AWESOME leather case that has a keyboard-- folds up like a Kindle book cover, but I can crack that sucker, boot it up, and the keyboard is actually nicer than the one on my netbook!

I'm wondering if anyone has done light writing on their android device, saved it to a jump drive, and had success opening in windows.

I'm so tempted.  Everything is heavy right now post-op and recovery.

Your knowledge would rock my world.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm curious about this as well.. I bought my wife a Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1 last week and it's amazing.. I'm tempted to get one for myself for day to day writing and just use the PC for final assembly activities..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one of the very first android tablets a while back.  I got the current one on sale for 75 bucks (originally 100 minus a coupon-- at CVS, believe it or not).  I thought my mom might like it better than a Kindle, since she has problems with her hands.  She still likes my Kindle better.

Ahmed found the keyboard, and as I used it today I was like-- DUDE!! The leather case is nicer than my netbook exterior, and I actually like the shallow, soft keyboard.

They are all over ebay for under 20, btw.  (The leather case/keyboard.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The leather case with an attached keyboard is SWEET and you can pick them up for 20 bucks and under on ebay.

I just happen to be waiting for my honey at the cafe today (it's our meet-a-versary and we always meet at the spot we first saw one another and re-play our first date... shut up, I love him).  They have a couple of awesome mega-mags with android junk packed in them.  I shall peruse and update!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
My Android phone came pre-loaded with QuickOffice Pro, which is 100-percent MS Office compatible. Yay!

I don't use it much because my phone isn't that large.

But if I had a tablet? I wouldn't need my laptop, I think...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the ASUS Transformer, which if you are willing to spend $150 more, can get an actual laptop style keyboard. Just using the on screen keyboard though, I'm not a fan for writing long prose. Though it did come with some office style software I hadn't heard of, and may give another spin just to see how it is.

But I mainly got it to program writing tools for myself to use, not do actual writing :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts