My understanding is that you pay a certain amount and if you don't get that number of downloads, they refund a portion of your money (depending on how many downloads you did get.) I've never used them before, though...so my guess may be wrong.
There is no "This is how it works," but from my browsing, it looks like for your free promotion, you give a link to the Amazon site, then, for example, you promise to pay $5 for every 100 downloads (how is this measured? Link click-throughs to Amazon?) up to a limit that you set. Minimum purchase $25.
But there's a restriction: the price can't be lower than it's been in the last 12 months? Lower than the price on ebooksbutterfy or on Amazon??
1) Hi Jeanette. Results vary by genre. Your books look like they are Paranormal Romance. Is that right. Let me know genre and I can let you know range. Also whether they are free for a limited time or permanent free.
There are various threads scattered around KBoards with results from us. However, there's nothing genre specific, which I can let you know the range for.
2) Yes, this is exactly right: My understanding is that you pay a certain amount and if you don't get that number of downloads, they refund a portion of your money (depending on how many downloads you did get.)
Note: You have to check your KDP stats. There's no way for us to know downloads since Amazon doesn't share this information. We only track sales rank changes in the free store.
1) This is how it works.
Well, first you go to our site www.booksbutterfly.com/order/?tag=tromboneal and pick whatever slot you want and if you have a limit let us know that.
Then we get an email telling us the details you entered and we look at your book and let you know what slot is the best fit.
2) You can either pick a fixed price slot or a pay per 100 downloads slot (pay per performance).
Fixed Price Slots come with a prorated refund. So, for example, if you get a Pure Gold slot that is $50 for 1,000+ downloads. If you only get 800 downloads (80%) then you get a 20% refund.
Pay Per Performance slots have a particular price per 100 downloads. If you're in one of our smaller genres and we expect less than 1000 downloads then we generally recommend Performance Gold slot that is $5 for every 100 downloads. So we run the promotion, you let us know additional downloads you got, and we invoice you at $5 per 100 downloads.
If we think you'll get more then we recommend a fixed price slot or one of the high volume performance slots.
3) For each genre we have a good idea of what the downloads range will be, so we generally recommend a fixed price slot that is closer to the bottom of the range we think your book will get.
With fixed price slots if you get more - those downloads are free.
IF you get less - there's a prorated refund.
4) This is for paid books: But there's a restriction: the price can't be lower than it's been in the last 12 months? Lower than the price on ebooksbutterfy or on Amazon??
For paid books we don't promote paid books if they've been free in the last 6 months or if you plan on making them free right after promoting with us. Just to avoid upsetting our readers.
For free books, there's nothing less than free so no restrictions. It's just that if we've mentioned your book in the last 6 months as a sponsored book or as a curated book, then we can't run it again. This is to ensure good results and to avoid our readers feeling they are seeing the same books again and again.
***** David, CGockel, trublue
4) Thanks David & CGockel & trublue.
1) Link is www.booksbutterfly.com/order/?tag=markh
or you can just go to booksbutterfly.com or search for books butterfly on Google or Yahoo.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Amazon Kindle owners, authors, and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about publishing, audio, troubleshooting, models, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!