Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is slang for toilet in the USA as well.
But I like the idea od being able to add to your BB followers. I just need the right audience.

Patty Jansen said:
Nope but I'm wondering how many more godawful names starting with "book" we'll have to endure.

In Australia, "throne" is used as slang for something else you sit on. Seriously, who come up with these garbage names?

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Marseille said:
But I like the idea od being able to add to your BB followers. I just need the right audience.
*googles*

Nice site, but NO indication of who runs it.

*suspicion periscope UP*

That particular genre + those particular services = watch out to the hilt that this is not another scheme run by She Who Must Not Be Named.

If you want BB followers, I'd go with Dean Wilson's SFF Book Bonanza. He makes no bones about who he is.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Marseille said:
Yeah, also in use in the UK.

Clearly, 'throne' is intended as a reference to the kingdoms aspect of the fantasy genre. But whoever thought of that name did not think through all of the associations.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yep. As soon as I saw the name I had an instant visual of sitting on the can (another slang word we use) reading a book. Probably not what they were going for.

And Patty makes a really good point about this genre and "She Who Must Not Be Named." There's a nightmare you don't want to even come close to.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check out SFF Book Bonanza. Thanks.

Patty Jansen said:
*googles*

Nice site, but NO indication of who runs it.

*suspicion periscope UP*

That particular genre + those particular services = watch out to the hilt that this is not another scheme run by She Who Must Not Be Named.

If you want BB followers, I'd go with Dean Wilson's SFF Book Bonanza. He makes no bones about who he is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts