Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the java blue e-reader sleeve but that pattern was discontinued .So i went on ebay and they have a java blue hipster does anyone know if this will fit a kindle with a oberon cover on ?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
There are a couple of different hipsters.  Which one are you looking at?
deb

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The Vera Bradley website says the hipster is 11" x 11" x 1¾": http://www.verabradley.com/product/Hipster/1001054/defaultColor/Folkloric/p/1001054.uts?fromSearch=1

Amazon says the K3 is 7.5" x 4.8" x 0.335" and Oberon say their K3 covers are 5.5 x 7.75 - though they don't mention the depth, I would still say yes, it will fit. I wouldn't plan on putting anything else in there with it though since it sounds very thin (only 1 and 3/4 inches and Kindle with cover will probably take up most of that).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the older style Hipster from last year, (just noticed recently that they had changed them) and my Kindle in my Amazon case as well as in the Oberon case fit in just fine.  Room for a thin wallet and other small items too.  I also have a Vera B. e-reader case and the Kindle in the Oberon fits inside of it just fine too. 

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help i am thinking mine would be last years hipster seeing the print is discontinued  .i have the tote bag in java blue and wanted a cover to match for the kindle seeing they dont make a e-reader in java blue i will have to go with the hipster

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have a mini hipster and my K2 fits in a cover, but I had to take the velcro off because the K2 was too tall. 
I'm thinking the K3 might fit better since it is shorter.  But I do know that the Oberons add some bulk and you may not be able to carry much else in the large pocket.  I usually just carry a few dollars, drivers license, credit card, etc. in the front zip pocket and my keys in the back pocket. 
deb

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was only going to use it for the kindle and oberon case for when traveling so I can put it in the villager bag so everything matches

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Oh, that will be perfect then. 
deb

·
Registered
733 Posts
tiggeerrific said:
I was only going to use it for the kindle and oberon case for when traveling so I can put it in the villager bag so everything matches
I have K3 with Amazon lighted cover, and it fits well in the mini hipster, but you do have to move the velcro up to the id holder under flap, as the zipper cannot be closed. I think they are perfect for a kindle case, and can just toss into a tote if you need to use a larger bag.

The 11"x11" is the larger hipster and is perfect of you want to use it as a purse also as there is plenty of room for other items easily. Large hipster as a purse with room for kindle, Mini as a case to use in other larger bags.

On another note: There are 3 different styles of the large hipster, and if you search ebay, you'll be able to see all 3 styles, the original with a slip and zip pocket on front, a redo with a front flap pocket & back zipper pocket, and the newest style, with the slip and zip pocket on front and zipper on back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts