Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just published my Kindle and Create Space version recently. I would like to get some reviews!

Is anyone interested in swapping book reviews? I can give you a free copy via a Smashwords coupon.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Tell us more about your book.  I like to write reviews on things I like, but don't want to be in the position of
having to write something good about a book that I don't think deserves a good review.  I would rather say nothing since with the exception of books that are truly abysmally bad so much is based on taste. 

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I wrote a review for a guy who posted here about swapping, and he never held up his end of the deal. So don't assume this will work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,

I'd be willing to do a review if I knew what the book was... If you can send me a link to your book, I'll check it out and see if it's something I'm interested in reading. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Steven L. Hawk said:
Bottom line, swapping reviews is something that you should not do.
Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that. It's darn close to getting paid/paying somebody to review a book. Other readers won't be able to take the review seriously because they're not sure about the integrity of the reviewer, and if you don't have the same opinion of somebody else's book as they have of yours, you're in a very awkward spot. You either have to lie about it or possibly burn a relationship.

I'd avoid this if I were you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Joseph.Garraty said:
Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that. It's darn close to getting paid/paying somebody to review a book. Other readers won't be able to take the review seriously because they're not sure about the integrity of the reviewer, and if you don't have the same opinion of somebody else's book as they have of yours, you're in a very awkward spot. You either have to lie about it or possibly burn a relationship.

I'd avoid this if I were you.
Ah. I've never really considered it that way. I guess not all people are honest, though, so...

Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts