Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching Transformers 2 this weekend? I'm so excited, been waiting for a long time for the release. I know it has gotten bad reviews but I still want to see it and see some explosions :) :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I went to the midnight release. The movie was good but the theater had no idea what they were doing. They didn't let us go into the hallway for the theaters until just about midnight (no 15min before now seating) and then they only opened one of the two theaters showing it. Then they didn't start the movie for a half hour it seemed like and then we had the previews. So, after all that I would still stay go see it if you liked the first one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm going to a B-Day Dinner and then right after, this movie!! Woot Woot!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My 17 year old daughter went to the midnight opening and she loved it. 

But then she thinks Shia is a hottie.  If he just stood there for two hours doing nothing she would probably like the movie.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I will be there

·
Registered
27 Posts
The daughter and I will be going to see it this weekend.  Not just because we liked the first one so much, but to get a glance at the USS Stennis, the carrier in the film.  This is my son's ship and them filming on the carrier was all he could talk about for several weeks.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
tippymn said:
The daughter and I will be going to see it this weekend. Not just because we liked the first one so much, but to get a glance at the USS Stennis, the carrier in the film. This is my son's ship and them filming on the carrier was all he could talk about for several weeks.
That's pretty cool! You'll have extra fun watching the movie and thinking of your son!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went last night but had to come back home because all the good seats were gone and I didn't feel like sitting 2 feet away from a 42' screen :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread on here, I LOVED this movie. I'm having a hard time finding a Bumblebee keychain toy. All I can find are Optimus Prime or the Decepticons. :( I love cars and I love the color yellow. Bumblebee is just perfect. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
We saw it this week.  We were REALLY excited because when we got out of the theaters after the first one we felt like we'd been on a two-hour ride.  It was awesome!  And our 5 year old really likes transformers too which is cool cuz we've gotten the old-school cartoons and he loves those too.  So we waited for this one and finally went.  I didn't think it compared to the first one at all.  I think it was too much plot... and I usually love complexity.  And I thought it was a bit long... and I usually love longer movies.  But with that said, we still liked it, and it's obvious they'll be doing another which is cool too.

Seeing the Stennis in the film is MUCH cooler than what we had :)  When they were filming here in Palmdale last year there were neon green and black signs on our side of town, all saying something like "Green Worm."  We recognized these as signs notifying cast/crew where to go because we had seen them before when Pirates was filming here.  The car chase scen in the "dirt" area with the mounds of dirt and cranes in the background was filmed about 5 minutes away from our house in a rock quarry.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sweety18 said:
I went last night but had to come back home because all the good seats were gone and I didn't feel like sitting 2 feet away from a 42' screen :)
I know what you mean! I had to watch "Castaway" from the front row, and actually got motion-sick during the crash.

I'm so glad people are liking this movie! We hope to see it soon. We all loved the first one. Jessi, Bumblebee is my favorite, too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I figure everybody has always loved Bumblebee right?  Even with the 80s cartoons?  I know he was my favorite back then.  As a child I picked up early on the fact that Optimus Prime seemed to sacrifice himself in nearly every episode, I got tired of it and loved Bumblebee as my favorite back then.  I thought he was everybody's favorite even then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts