Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course today they have decided not to arrive at their normal 11:30am PDT. Now I'm waiting, hoping, praying it gets here before lunch so I at least get 1 hour today with my kindle!!!  I wonder who let it slip that I was waiting... did they notice the package says from Amazon and think 'Oh know what if it's one of those Kindle thingies? I don't want to be attacked for it! I'll wait until they are out to lunch do deliver'  ::)

anywhoo, maybe it will be here in 20 mins. 

Just breath, remember to breath!!!!!!

TheresaM

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I didn't realize today was THE day for you TheresaM, how exciting! Just hang out here, we've all been in your shoes. I'm sure we can support you until the big arrival.  ;) That's what Kindle friends are for.

Linda

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Linda,

Well, instead of me driving my coworkers nuts while I wait they are driving me crazy. They sneak in and out the front door so I hear the beep and jump up in hopes of ups LOL.. I guess at least they are having fun and not completely annoyed by my waiting (very impatiently) LOL.

TheresaM

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope it shows up soon for you. I know the suspense about killed me! I saw the ups man pull up outside my house when mine came and I was on the porch before he got out of his truck. He just smiled! I kept thanking him and was jumping up and down by the time he got back in his truck! He probably went to his next stop and told them about the crazy lady and the house he just came from! :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm supprised and love the box and how nice they packaged it. Ok she's out of the box. Poor baby is cold!!!! Got her plugged in turned on and the kindle guide came up. Ran to the girls room came back and the page changed and I can't figure out how to get back to the guide LOL.   Guess at lunch, I'll actually have to read the little guide it came with!

It's much thinner than I expected. Feels nice in my hands and the e-ink is really nice. When I click home the page comes up blank. Just shows Kindle User's Guide at the top and nothing else. Is this correct??

By the way I am doing the happy dance in between looking at it typing to you all and prenting i'm working so my boss doesn't catch me  :eek:

Love the pick with all the cheering people!

TheresaM....

hmmm all of a sudden i'm not feeling so good, I think I'm coming down with something... I'm sorry boss but I just came down with Kindleitis and i've got to go home and cuddle up in my bed with my kindle.  ---- think he'll go for it???

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Woo hoo!!! Yep, the only thing on the Kindle is the user's guide unless you've already ordered some books...if that's the case, fire up the Whispernet and download :)))

G

·
hmmm all of a sudden i'm not feeling so good, I think I'm coming down with something... I'm sorry boss but I just came down with Kindleitis and i've got to go home and cuddle up in my bed with my kindle. ---- think he'll go for it???
It's worth a try.........lol.

Make sure your Whispernet is on and then press the wheel and go to check for new items.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Woo hoo, Congrats on receiving your kindle!

hmmm all of a sudden i'm not feeling so good, I think I'm coming down with something... I'm sorry boss but I just came down with Kindleitis and i've got to go home and cuddle up in my bed with my kindle. ---- think he'll go for it???
Worth a try! :D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
chynared21 said:
Woo hoo!!! Yep, the only thing on the Kindle is the user's guide unless you've already ordered some books...if that's the case, fire up the Whispernet and download :)))
Shouldn't there be a welcome letter as well?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've downloaded...5 books before it arrived.  Now it's showing Theresa's Kidnle and list of books.  LOL it's moving on it's moving pages on it's own!  To plug it in it has to sit at the very end of my desk and I can't reach it from my computer but can look to see whats on the screen. My Kindle has a ghost!  

TheresaM

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's all there!!  Even my samples and yes the first book in the outlander series - ready to be read for a 3rd time!  Guess I'd better get over to the free book site and figure out which classics I want!  Oh and a Bible!!! Oh I'm sooo excited I wish I didnt have to work tonight so I could play instead but there is a loooong weekend thankfully!!!!!

edited spelling,,, in my excitement I can't type correctly LOL

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Didn't see a welcome letter on the kindle.

LOL I just did my first 'show n tell' for the kindle.  The fedex guy came in with a delivery and asked what 'that' was sitting on my desk. So I showed him what I had figured out in the 5 mins that I had it!  Also gave him the kindleboard info so he could get more info.

TheresaM

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's soo nice and white/clean. Guess I'd better get over to the skin place before it getts all dirty from use!!!

TheresaM

1 - 20 of 49 Posts