Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Apple has unique sites for Australia, US, and UK? If so, are reviews specific to those locations? I ask because I have been getting good sales from Apple AU, but much less from Apple US. While I have always considered Australians to have discerning tastes and preferences, I wonder exactly what they see on their Apple site.

If Apple AU is a unique site, is there a way to access it? I have an iPad and an iMac. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think you choose your region and that gives you a site that will have different stats and the like.

I've heard that ebooks on iPhones is a big thing. They are doing a lot of advertising about it for the iPhone in Sydney and Melbourne.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's possible you may be seeing a side-effect of region-locking.  There's a solid portion of ebooks which Australians can't buy/read because the region rights aren't available, and I'm fairly sure Apple is a vendor which only shows books which can be purchased in your region.  So you're standing out in a smaller pool. :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
kurzon said:
It's possible you may be seeing a side-effect of region-locking. There's a solid portion of ebooks which Australians can't buy/read because the region rights aren't available, and I'm fairly sure Apple is a vendor which only shows books which can be purchased in your region. So you're standing out in a smaller pool. :)
Amazon is doing this, mainly with the big name authors and publishers. Quite annoying. I wanted to read James Rollins' new book, but no. Maybe I should just get a proxy server.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts