Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Is it worth the trouble? Here is the email.

Throughout the month of Januaruy, Apple Books will be running a sale to promote free series starters in SciFi and Fantasy. They specifically interested in including Daughter of Havenglade (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/749177). Would you be willing to offer this free for the month and participate in this sale?

If interested, please let me know by end-of-day Wednesday 12/9. If you like, I can arrange so the book becomes free *only* at Apple (rather than it being free everywhere).

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Apple hand-chooses who they promote so a lot of people struggle to get any promotion from them. So, yeah, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But the only free at Apple part, pretty sure that won't work so if that's a big issue for you don't do it. But pretty sure that's the equivalent of getting a free Bookbub featured deal promo right there.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I second the above. Amazon will price match, so you need to be prepared for that. But free books always make me money, especially if a retailer is going to promote them for you. (That said, Apple has never done me that honor.)

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
The results when they've done it haven't been "BookBub like" but they have been great! Amazon will probably wind up price matching, but if you have good sell-thru, that won't be such a bad thing. Make sure you apply for a free BookBub at the same time. Might as well!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C. Gockel said:
The results when they've done it haven't been "BookBub like" but they have been great! Amazon will probably wind up price matching, but if you have good sell-thru, that won't be such a bad thing. Make sure you apply for a free BookBub at the same time. Might as well!
Good to know!

This book already had a bookbub a few months ago or else I would apply.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C. Gockel said:
Oh, one question. Should I inform Amazon or just see if it gets price matched?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts