Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Not being techie, I would not buy a Mac or probably iPhone without getting AppleCare. (Probably wouldn't need it for an iPad or iPod [iTouch or Nano].) Tech support is just a phone call away. I need it. Almost three years ago to the day, I made the switch from P.C. to Mac. Three years ago means my AppleCare on this MacBook Pro is almost gone. As I said -- I need it. So it's off to the Apple Store today (just 4 miles away) to go pre-shopping. Ask questions, decide exactly what I need / want, find out how much $$ it will cost, etc. I'll wait a few days until closing date on my charged card (3rd of the month) and then go back and actually BUY. That's what I did three years ago. Then it was all new to me. Making the switch was the best thing I ever did. NO regrets.

To me AppleCare isn't so much insurance as tech support. Nothing has to be broken / not working to use AppleCare.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
As both old and new Macs are at Apple Store now, I got out my iPad 1 that I haven't touched in many months. It works. Not bad. I'm liking it. Don't see need for new one. Or do I?  ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.