Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the boards and to my Kindle 2 ... just wondering how hard skins are to apply right and if they remove easily?  So many beautiful ones to choose from.  Thanks you. 

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The DecalGirl skins are easy to apply, but you have to remove them slowly if you want to reuse. If you don't want to reuse, they come right off. There are several threads about differnt skins, the the Kindle Accessories board. Welcome to KB. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm a new member (non Kindle user at this point) who is Kindle shopping for my son in Iraq and I just want to say the above post by pidgeon92 is so very helpful for newbies who ask previously asked questions. Thank you for taking the time to post the links to previous discussions. I've been at this site for several hours trying to get up to speed and to consider the best products to protect a Kindle. I asked a question last night and received a reply that was curt about the question having been asked before. The links are so much more helpful. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
We have a lot of questions that are asked often.... I keep a small text file with the previous threads listed, it makes it really easy to direct new members to topics that already have been covered.... Sorry that someone was short with you... With 4,000+ members, there are a lot of personalities here.  ;D

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Guernsey said:
I'm a new member (non Kindle user at this point) who is Kindle shopping for my son in Iraq and I just want to say the above post by pidgeon92 is so very helpful for newbies who ask previously asked questions. Thank you for taking the time to post the links to previous discussions. I've been at this site for several hours trying to get up to speed and to consider the best products to protect a Kindle. I asked a question last night and received a reply that was curt about the question having been asked before. The links are so much more helpful. THANK YOU!
Guernsey, please send my best to your son, and send my thanks to him for his service. It's a big sacrifice for him to make, as well as for your family. As for the curt reply that you received, let's hope you don't get many of those. The people I've run across here have all been wonderful. You must met up with someone who was having a long/bad day.

Hope you are able to figure out what you need for your son's Kindle. I'd think a Kindle would be a great way for him to spend some of his down time.

God bless you and your family.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do not fear. I put on my first skin today, and I am seriously lacking fine motor skills. I followed the instructions and went slowly. Very easy.

A

·
0 Posts
Guernsey said:
In Anne's defense, I read the post you're complaining about and it wasn't the least bit curt or rude at all. Not sure why you took it that way. In any case, please give my best wishes to your son and thank him for his service. God bless!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Guernsey said:
I'm guessing that you're referring to me. Like NYCKindleFan - my response was never to be interpreted as "curt" or rude. I was just stating that a similar question had been posted before. If I'm not correct, I did voice an opinion over your topic did I not? I'm guessing it wasn't helpful to you then, as you failed to mention it in your above post. You only mentioned I had given you a "curt" reply "about the question having been asked before." But I still don't understand why you think my response was rather offensive to you, as you seem to take it to be. Sorry, that you felt that way.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Guernsey, I didn't address your original question at all, so will add my $.02.  I bought a skin from DecalGirl, and its application was really easy. I started with the back, at the bottom, and then did the small pieces on the front. After that, I began at the bottom, covering the keyboard first. I had no problems at all, and my Kindle 2 skin is beautiful.

(Annie, I didn't read your reply to her question, and doubt if I'd have found it to be curt, so please accept my apologies if I made the wrong assumption.)  ;)  This is the best board that I've found, and the people have been really helpful and kind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts