Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, are there any apps you guys absolutely hate? I've downloaded a few myself, but none really come to mind. This can be one of those topics to steer clear of horrible apps. ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
I think some of the games are kind of dumb. . . .but I haven't run across anything that froze up the Kindle or anything like that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah so far so good with the ones that I have tried.  Nothing has broke the Kindle or seem like a waste of time/money.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm not going to stay away from it, but would like to mention that the NYTimes Crosswords collection eats up a LOT of battery power when you work a puzzle.

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
A lot of the active content -- because it involves lots of key entry and screen refreshing -- does tend to use the battery faster than if you were just reading. . . .

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah most of the games I can't get into, the kindle doesn't really work too well for gaming in my opinion. :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sharon Red said:
Everything has been okay so far, I hope nothing bad comes.
Yeah true, the games are the worst part though, but can be kind of fun I guess.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sharon Red said:
There are only like two games that are boring that I found so far, both being just card games (not a fan)
I found that I like the blackjack game the most of the out of the card games.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The battery being used up quickly is highly dependent on how the application is designed and built. For instance, timers displayed on the screen will continuously degrade the battery because of the continuous screen painting that is required.

At Puzzazz, we have worked very hard to make sure our puzzle eBooks work optimally for the Kindle. You should be able to use them without quickly degrading the battery, and our puzzle collections should feel like a Kindle book (just like taking a paper puzzle book and bringing it to Kindle). Have fun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts