Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My book budget for the month is almost half gone! I should raise it I think lol. It's after 7 here, it's not too early to go to bed and read is it?

Melissa

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
OK- so I have only $43.64 left on some cards I received.  My goal is to stick to this for the month!!!  Can I do it???  If I stick to freebies and bargains, I will  ;)  Then, by May, I should have another gift card thanks to my Amazon.com Visa points!

I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
stick to freebies. That's what i'm doing now. Discovering genres that I was not interested in before. Recently I've been frequenting a local used book store, found some cheap finds, and met some very nice people. Spent more time have book conversations with workers and other customers rather than searching for a book.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Kindleboards are so GREAT for discovering new authors, Vegas!  I read "Waiting for Spring" and it was AWESOME!  (Free .pdf I emailed to Sookie)

I also got those 3 books by Boyd Morrison on March 31 and have those on the TBR list...that'll help!  I hear that they are all great, but to not start reading them at night unless you plan on staying up!  I shall see!!!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Freebies = good
BUT I have a problem this month.  About four of my favorite authors have new books out this month and I am hoarding so I can purchase them.  I've already pre-ordered two of them so I think I can make it.  I'm spending extra time until the new books come out by reading the classics (FREE).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I made the mistake of totaling up my March Kindle orders. Ouch!! I have to slow down in April.

When The Stand went offline, I decided to pull the trigger on some titles that I had initially planned on purchasing later, which didn't help my budget. For the next few months I need to read more and purchase less.

- Walter...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am fortunate to have a large gift card balance left.

I've also been reading a series of books, of which many are not available on Kindle yet, so I've been reading on paper.

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
My March Coinstar balance was gone and I managed to get by with what I already had TBR and freebie downloads, but made a Coinstar run yesterday and now have $108.60 so April should be fine and dandy!  Whoo Hoo!!!  I'm going book shopping!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am going to go through my DBT books and take some to Half-Priced books (mostly the ones that I won't read again or have replaced in Kindle format) and use that money for an Amazon gift card. I have already plowed through a bit of my monthly gift card balance :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
As long as DW is hoarding the GeekBook™ I am sticking tothe vast pile of DTBs I've had waiting.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
WalterK said:
For the next few months I need to read more and purchase less.

- Walter...
Don't we all!
deb

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't have a BOOK budget.....I budget everything else pretty well, but I don't deny myself books!  Sometimes I actually have to deny myself that new pair of awesome shoes so that I can still buy books....that is tough!  :p

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
This should be KindleBoards official motto:

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes" - Erasmus

Ann

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Wouldn't it be (for many):

"When I get a little money I buy Kindle books; and if any is left I buy Kindle accessories; if any is left after that, then I buy food and clothes."

:D

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Yes!!  That is much better. . . . . .:D  But add on "and when I get a little change, I go to coin star."

Ann

·
Registered
740 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
OK- so I have only $43.64 left on some cards I received. My goal is to stick to this for the month!!! Can I do it??? If I stick to freebies and bargains, I will ;) Then, by May, I should have another gift card thanks to my Amazon.com Visa points!

I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...I can do it...
I have almost the same budget left as you, so far I only bought one book for $.99 so that leaves me with $49.01 for the month.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
And when I have no money left to buy books, or accessories, or go to Coinstar, I come to Kindleboards and read about others who are buying books, and accessories, and going to Coinstar. 
deb

1 - 20 of 40 Posts